Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 11-29-2001, 01:25 PM   #1
Zbyszek

Silver Cheetach
quote:
Um, was that not Marx? Not sure if Ron'll go for it...

I totally agree, by the way... Any other recipe is a recipe for disaster, as the wealthier get more that way, and the poor get poorer. One word: revolution.

Revolution, revolution, hehe [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ... very good way to reduce population [img]smile.gif[/img] , but not very good for environment ;(

(Sorry SC, I was unable to read all thread, found something about food from not very good vegetable)
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 03:04 PM   #2
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

quote:
Originally posted by Zbyszek:
Silver Cheetach

Revolution, revolution, hehe [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ... very good way to reduce population [img]smile.gif[/img] , but not very good for environment ;(

(Sorry SC, I was unable to read all thread, found something about food from not very good vegetable)

Are you being horrible about Ron's Zucchini lasagna? [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm sure it is absolutely fabulous, and I'm hoping he'll give me the recipe... Tell you what, if you come over to England, I'll make it as a special treat.... [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

On your revolution thang, what I say to you is [img]graemlins/nibbles.gif[/img]

Long live Nibbles! Nibbles Rule! After the revolution, nibbles will take over the... erm, corner shop..... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2001, 03:22 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

quote:
Originally posted (in the first half of this thread) by Fljotsdale:

What was that phrase about "FROM each according to his ability, TO each according to their need."?

This is, honestly, a very insightful quote. That is how it should be.

In an earlier post in that thread, I made some comments about unemployment, population, obligations, etc., that have to be considered in relation to "ability". Kind of like my paycheck, what I make every two weeks sounds good, but after taxes and bills, the numbers don't look so good anymore. Read my arguments, they're fascinating!

I was not arguing that America is giving the most nor even that we are giving enough. I was arguing against the point that seemed to be "it is nothing or next to nothing" because it's not as much as some think America should give. That "nothing" goes a long way.
Old 11-29-2001, 03:42 PM   #4
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
In an earlier post in that thread, I made some comments about unemployment, population, obligations, etc., that have to be considered in relation to "ability". Kind of like my paycheck, what I make every two weeks sounds good, but after taxes and bills, the numbers don't look so good anymore. Read my arguments, they're fascinating![quote]

Ron, in an earlier post in this thread, you were talking about the massive layoffs happening in your part of the world. Was chatting to Argus earlier about a book I'm currently reading called No Logo, by Naomi Klein, who traces the root causes of the transfer of production and manufacturing to the southern hemisphere, and its effect on ordinary men and women in America, Canada and Britain. She also discusses what is happening in the southern hemisphere, which doesn't make for 'pretty' or comfortable reading.

You also mentioned, if I remember rightly, that conditions in the south were not caused by western companies, but by the governments of those southern countries. I think you might find much food for thought in this book, which is, incidentally, (and bizarrely) a best seller. A sign of the times that this is so.... I believe... She also discusses the anti-globalisation movement in a way that I believe most people will find easy to understand, even if they are not part of that movement (and don't agree at all!)