Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2001, 10:43 AM   #1
TrueBuckeye
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have an athlon 1.0Ghz (7.5x133), 256MB CAS2 Crucial memory, a Visiontek GeForce2 GTS, and an IMB 75GXP hard drive all running off of an EPoX 8KTA3 mobo. I had been using the onboard sound (AC'97)and everything was going fine except for a rare slowdown now and again.

I just installed a Hercules Gamesurround Fortissimo II sound card and now all of the sound effects and voices are v..e..r..y....s..l..o..w. I've updated to DX8.0a, and there are no updated drivers yet for the sound card. I've seen similar problems from searching this board, but no one has mentioned a solution. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

I have installed the latest patch, and then even went out and got ToB to see if that would fix it, but nothing.

Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-02-2001, 05:09 AM   #2
Ed
Manshoon

not sure mate, but try reinstalling the game again. That happened to me (all be it on a different game) and it worked fine after reinstalling it.
Old 09-02-2001, 05:51 AM   #3
Sorcerer Alex

Have you configured the game properly? If you go to the configuration screen and adjust the sound to your machine you might find it helps. Just try fiddling around with it, something's bound to work in the end.

Old 09-03-2001, 04:53 AM   #4
Ged
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Check for free/overused interrupts - I found I had lots being shared (int14 I think) and removed the unused COM ports etc - this freeed up spare slots and the game speeded up
Old 09-03-2001, 05:13 AM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ged:
Check for free/overused interrupts - I found I had lots being shared (int14 I think) and removed the unused COM ports etc - this freeed up spare slots and the game speeded up
Please tell me how I could go about doing this. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2001, 10:06 AM   #6
TrueBuckeye
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the replys. I've already completly removed and reinstalled the game, but no luck. I've played with the audio settings to no end. I haven't yet started playing with my IRQs, but I'll try that next. I think I already disabled ACPI, but I have to check.