Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-11-2001, 09:43 AM   #1
Caine
Elminster

I would just like to comment on some of the excellent artwork in bg2 and would like to know what you think the best example of the artwork is. Some of the artwork I like is the golden carpet in the asylum and the elven city as well as atkhatla at night.Some of the best creature artwork are the dragons (particularly the black one),umber hulks and earth elementals,any way thats my two cents worth.

------------------
Death Awaits.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:33 AM   #2
tusitha

I totally agree!

The NPC artwork is also of extremely top quality, with perhaps a few reservations, and it reflects their personalities. I particularly liked the artwork in the Underdark, especially the Drow city of Ust Natha. I'm sure the art designers had taken Bob Salvatore's Dark Elf Trilogy books as inspiration since in Homeland (the first book in the series) he describes a typical drow city in great detail. The fact that the artists at Bioware were able to accurately portray a city that is both mysterious and exotic is commendable.

Old 10-11-2001, 10:43 AM   #3
Caine
Elminster

Thank you very much for your reply,and yeah I left that one out,that drow city is amazing as are the interiors of many of the buildings in the game,some of the creatures are also beatifuly done compared to other games.