Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-06-2001, 04:30 PM   #1
salty512
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm curious as to how in the Hell you get out of this ball of doom. I've cleared out all of the room that I currently have access to - the flesh eating halflings, the sahaugin chamber, the room with the golem machinery, the room with the furnaces, and the room with the clockwork machinery in it.

I've put coal in all the furnaces, turned them all on, and I've attached an arm to the incomplete golem in the large tube.

There's still one door that I haven't been able to open, yet. Jan can't pick it and seems to require a key of some sort. I also can't seem to find the golem's head.

I'm kind of stuck. Any clues on what to do next?
Old 09-06-2001, 04:34 PM   #2
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

You have to complete the golem. There's two pieces of golem. When your golem is completed he will open the door you're stuck.
Old 09-06-2001, 04:43 PM   #3
salty512
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I figured as much. But, I can't seem to find the head. Do you have any clue where it is? Does an NPC drop it or is it in a box somewhere? I've searched all the containers in the area and all of the corpses that have fallen in my wake.

There is one thing that's sticking out in my mind, though. The room with the furnaces had to spell casters in it. I was sick of fighting spell casters, it took me about 2 hours to beat the spell casting halflings a room or so down from them, so I took advantage of some wands I had. I cast improved invisibility on Nalia, minor globe of invunerability, and spell turning. She efficiently irradicated the casters and their minions but she did critical hits on all of them and no loot was left behind. Surely the helmet isn't in the furnace room, right?
Old 09-06-2001, 05:13 PM   #4
Desuma_Malevois

IIRC the head is in the clockwork room (the one past the two halfling mages). The central pillar is a container.

Old 09-06-2001, 05:45 PM   #5
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

And also I like to warn you about 2 point.

-When you have a item in your quick slot and its charge is 1, it will disappear from your quick slot and will MOVE to your inventory and if you dont have any space in your inventory THE ITEM WILL DROP INTO GROUND. Always have some space in your inventory. During a quest, I had a rod (and it was a quest item) I used it and then I though that I lost it. I searched everywhere and then found in ground.

-If your mage is above level 10, dont use chromatic orb in your opponents they will turn into stone and you'll not be able to get the loot from their bodies.
Old 09-06-2001, 05:46 PM   #6
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

And also I like to warn you about 2 point.

-When you have a item in your quick slot and its charge is 1, it will disappear from your quick slot and will MOVE to your inventory and if you dont have any space in your inventory THE ITEM WILL DROP INTO GROUND. Always have some space in your inventory. During a quest, I had a rod (and it was a quest item) I used it and then I though that I lost it. I searched everywhere and then found in ground.

-If your mage is above level 10, dont use chromatic orb in your opponents they will turn into stone and you'll not be able to get the loot from their bodies.

And one more thing, bon voyage!! (you'll understand what I mean))

------------------
"A silent blade does not cut always best..
But a burst of flame from the heart will warm the deepness of my friends and will burn our unholy enemies.."