Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 08-19-2001, 09:14 AM   #1
Ladie Jas
Dungeon Master

K... the demons are not a problem... but HE IS...... Lower magic resistance...breach.. ruby ray...nothing seems to work... I get next to no success with Holy Avenger.... any tried and true stategies please... this is the only thing between me and TOB

------------------
Justice and Honour will prevail....

[This message has been edited by Ladie Jas (edited 08-19-2001).]
Old 08-19-2001, 09:39 AM   #2
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Well, i found that a spellstrike followed closley by a breach took down all of his defences, and then my meelee troops beat the living daylights outta him!

If you dont have spellstrike, use pierce sheild, pierce magic, KKW or Ruby ray and then use breach. After that, its all down to the fighters!

Hope it helps

------------------
Old 08-19-2001, 01:07 PM   #3
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Yeah ruby ray and breach should work perfectly fine.
Old 08-19-2001, 01:30 PM   #4
trux

Don't use just Ruby Ray and Breach, though. Use lots of those, but also the Spellstrike as Jerome mentioned, Secret Word, Pierce Magic, Pierce Shield, Khelban's Warding Whip and Remove Magic. They all work well against specific types of protective magics, almost all of which he employs in the final fight.

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-19-2001, 01:59 PM   #5
Mordar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Try putting some of them in a sequencer (spell trigger, L8) and before the battle cast simulacrum. Your second mage will not have the higher level spells, but he does have the sequencer with the spells. And if you have a rod of resurrection in a quick slot you can resurrect twice as much because your mage copy will have it too.
Old 08-21-2001, 10:47 AM   #6
Arachnia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I cant say I ever had any problems with the final battle, my party just paired off against them, monk vs jon, kensai/mage, keldorn, minsc and anomen just took a beastie each, with jan there to take down defenses as needed. Only person who was remotely hurt was minsc, (down to about 25hps).

I only had it on core? difficulty (maybe's I'll go home and try it on insane...see what happens)
Old 08-21-2001, 11:26 AM   #7
Redblueflare
Galvatron

The easiest way to deal with his magical protections is to cast true sight first, and nail him with a spell strike. If he casts more hit him with breach or ruby ray of reversal. These two spells combined remove every magical protection in the game! (At least I'm pretty sure they do!)

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.