Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 02-16-2004, 08:29 AM   #1
ozzi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Witch kit did you give the different NPC, in BG1 with BGTutu? Did you give them kits at all?

Must say that the respons at this bord is terrible. perhaps its time to quit this one and move one.

[ 02-16-2004, 05:09 PM: Message edited by: ozzi ]
Old 02-17-2004, 11:27 PM   #2
Nerull
Lord Ao

Actually, I left them off on this run, mainly because I'm soloing. However, I looked at the characters, and they are already changed quite a bit without the kits. When I play a party through, I'll add the kits just to see how it works with the NPCs.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 08:51 AM   #3
Vedran
Lord Soth

I took Xan as a Sorcerer. He has decent charisma and spell list.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 11:35 PM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

I think I will install the kits for the next run, especially since I'll be playing an evil Necromancer with a party. Some of them made sense, others were kind of iffy.

[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img]
Why did they nerf Khalid? Took away his two slots in bows to give him 2 slots in dual-wielding? In a game where missile weapons rule? I ended up using Shadowkeeper to edit this off.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 01:27 AM   #5
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
I think I will install the kits for the next run, especially since I'll be playing an evil Necromancer with a party. Some of them made sense, others were kind of iffy.

[img]graemlins/offtopic.gif[/img]
Why did they nerf Khalid? Took away his two slots in bows to give him 2 slots in dual-wielding? In a game where missile weapons rule? I ended up using Shadowkeeper to edit this off.
Maybe because the Khalid/Jaheira combo is actually much stronger than many people used to take it to be? So they toned Khalid down a bit? I don't know if many of you will disagree with me or what, but I found Khalid to be one of the 'better' NPCs in the game.
Also, Khalid is a pure out fighter. With the kits, maybe they tried to make it more like 'ranged weapons for archers and rangers' type and 'sword for straight out fighters.' Who knows?

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote