Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2001, 09:32 PM   #31
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Sounds reasonable to me, but what rule is there on violation of privacy if the law demands he justifies his own actions?

Don't forget - 'he' posted here with the deliberate knowledge that he was going to abuse the Ironwork Forum rules - so who's violating who?

I do agree, that if we leave him alone and expose him: he might stop. But jabidas, we learnt that mistake from the old forums.

------------------
Old 06-14-2001, 09:34 PM   #32
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Now I can sleep LOL nice reply seeya!
Ahem........no comment, I need to be getting back to me own coffin too. Hopefully there aren't any rats this time.

Old 06-15-2001, 04:56 AM   #33
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
Oh dont misunderstand me im all for banning the creepy weirdo but I dont agree with spamming him in the hope to geting his ISP to ban him or posting his personal information. Trolls like this gimp should be banned and left alone then, not continuing the war.

Jabidas, you're entitled to your own opinion. So are we. And read the title of Ziroc's post before you pass judgment on us we're not spamming him or emailing him. I'm not going to waste any time typing out an email to him. We are emailing his ISP with letters of complaint about the types of activities he has been up to on our forum, the same way you would complain to a taxi company if the driver did not follow your instructions and was rude and abrasive. ISPs disallow this type of behaviour in their Terms and Conditions (I'm moving to Telstra so I know their Terms and Conditions).

With respect to continuing the war...what war? There's no war. The person now banned was previously banned last year for posts that were significantly worse than what you saw, which were direct attacks on other posters here. HE made the decision to come back and continue. Like I said before, you don't know the history so you can't make a value judgment on why we decided to do what we did.

Finally - I know this guy was posting from a school computer lab and I have the name of the IT department head of his school. I won't do anything with it but if he comes back and continues this type of disruptive behaviour, I will.

However, your comments and perspective are always appreciated, mate.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 06-15-2001).]
Old 06-15-2001, 08:37 AM   #34
Ziroc

Quote:
I sure as hell dont want to be in an argument about this but I wouldnt like to see our webmasters in court for posting that stuff. My other huge problem is are we any better using spam tactics. Its a troll kind of thing I know hed sure as hell enjoy getting us banned from our ISP so why bother claim higher moral ground when were about to do it to him.
The ISP I have I talk to via email all the time now.. they know we well, and you gotta be joking.. Sueing us? I wish... I'd go after him so quick....

Old 06-15-2001, 08:38 AM   #35
Ziroc

Quote:
Oh dont misunderstand me im all for banning the creepy weirdo but I dont agree with spamming him in the hope to geting his ISP to ban him or posting his personal information. Trolls like this gimp should be banned and left alone then, not continuing the war.
The only way to get an ISP to cut his account IS TO email their ISP. It is NOT spam. Give me a break.

Old 06-15-2001, 08:41 AM   #36
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
if he comes back and continues this type of disruptive behaviour, I will.
However, your comments and perspective are always appreciated, mate.
He came back, using a friends ISP I think, banned again, go ahead a launch a FULL email to the IT lab/school too

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 06-15-2001, 08:44 AM   #37
Link
Jack Burton

So he's just an ignorant fool, and we need to kick his ass??

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-15-2001, 09:11 AM   #38
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Well if what Ziroc said, and i recall it being something about hacking, Australia has VERY stiff penalties on hacking. If he keeps pushing it and it goes to court he'll get about 15 years for hacking. They dont play around here.
Not that any of us would care

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2001, 09:16 AM   #39
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
Well if what Ziroc said, and i recall it being something about hacking, Australia has VERY stiff penalties on hacking. If he keeps pushing it and it goes to court he'll get about 15 years for hacking. They dont play around here.
Not that any of us would care

Big bagger's not a HAXOR, he's a wannabe tryhard who thinks that by using a new computer and logging on with a different name he is somehow "hacking" into other people's websites. He's not a hacker, cracker or phreaker by any means.

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 09:19 AM   #40
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
The only way to get an ISP to cut his account IS TO email their ISP. It is NOT spam. Give me a break.

Z, I think Jabidas misunderstood you and thought you wanted ppl to email Baghead, not the ISP. As if anyone would waste their time typing out an email to an N'Tel-Quess (Not-Person). I have more important things to do, like cut my toenails.

------------------