Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-18-2000, 11:12 AM   #1
TDZHON

I have everything to make the Crom except the Hammer. Someone said it was in the dimension where you resuce the bard dude. I didn't find it anywhere in there...

Also, is the Crom a hammer?

Old 10-18-2000, 11:14 AM   #2
Tipsy McSwagger

(OOC)

Yep. The hammer is in the Rift Dungeon. I don't remember where exactly but you get it off of the corpse of one of the bounty hunters (I think). If you don't feel like going back just use the cheats to summon the hammer. After all if you cleared out the Rift Dungeon you're not really cheating, just correcting a previous oversight.

Drink up.

-Tipsy

Old 10-18-2000, 11:21 AM   #3
lordkymil

its in there, i think on the demon knight, i'm positive i found it there, or maybe it was with one of the bounty hunters. definitely definitely definitely there. you need the hammer, plus the girdle which you get from the kuotua dungeon, plus the gauntlets of ogre power which you get in the planar sphere, plus the scroll from the shadow dragon in the temple ruins, then you get cromwell to make it for you. it is a major kickass weapon, great for whacking golems. my only problem is that it kinda screws up my style, i mean dual wielding a hammer and a longsword is just not done! i'll take the 25 strength though...

Old 10-18-2000, 11:23 AM   #4
TDZHON

Hmmm. I think I'll just play again since I finished anyway. Wanted to try out a Monk. I'll get it this time! Is the Crom also a hammer??? Just wanted to have the nasty dwarf specialize in whatever it is. Gonna go all-evil/neutral this time. Edwin, Viconia, the Dwarf, my Monk (LE), and that Gnome dude for my next party. We'll be Evil but fair (hehe).

BTW - I killed the Red Dragon solo with my main char in 4 shots with the Vorpal blade. He failed his saving throw, lol.

Old 10-19-2000, 01:58 AM   #5
lordkymil

yep its a hammer and a damn good one. shame you can't throw it. i just hate the way my half elf stalker looks wielding a hammer and a longsword...makes him look crude and brutish, not precise and surgical. role playing vs stat maximization, you know what i mean?
if korgan was wielding it on the other hand...
i'm almost done and on my second try i will be using an all evil party with a monk believe it or not! i've just got this overwhelming need to experience everything this first time around - though i suspect i won't, the game's just too grand for that, which is a good thing.

Old 10-19-2000, 02:22 AM   #6
Phoen

Well, this kinda blows, I had a full party when I met whats-his-name that could get into the spear and he said he'd return to his cabin, well he's not there. As a matter of fact whenever i kick some one out of this party they NEVER reappear where they say they are. Anywho, I guess I'll never get the gauntlets.