Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-26-2001, 11:57 AM   #1
Drawde1
The Magister

Bastard swords are a nearly useless proficiency choice since there are hardly any decent weapons of this type
available. However, having looked in the BG2 data files with Infinity Explorer I discovered several more bastard swords,
including some which sound very useful! A couple are only +1 but have some very useful abilities, and there is also a +2 and +3 one.
The only ones I know of that can be bought or found are generic +1, +4 vs shapeshifters (Kondar) and Jhor the Bleeder (+2).
The extra ones I discovered are:
Generic +2
Albruin (+1, protection from poison, detect invisibility)
Taragarth the Bloodbrand (+1, 50% fire resistance, non-detection)
Blade of Searing (+3, fire damage)

I don't have much Infinity Engine editing ability but would it be possible for someone to add these weapons to the
existing merchants in BG2?

I haven't got further than the Drow City in the Underdark so far, so forgive me if all these weapons are actually
available later.
Old 05-26-2001, 12:18 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

The ones mentioned are all in different parts of the game, SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Generic +2 - go see Ribald (Adventurers's Mart), under his special wares, and will only appear after chapter 5.
Albruin (+1, protection from poison, detect invisibility) - part of the Iron Sphere quest in Underdark general map, from a insane mage
Taragarth the Bloodbrand (+1, 50% fire resistance, non-detection) - Drow merchant in Underdark city Ust'Natha
Blade of Searing (+3, fire damage) - Drow warrior Laesonar, in dueling pit of the traven in Underdark city Ust'Natha

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-26-2001, 12:20 PM   #3
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Generic is available from one of the later mercheants, and Blade of Searing from an encounter in the Drow city. Also, there is the Blade of Roses, which might actually be alongsword...don't remember, sorry. =)
Old 05-26-2001, 12:22 PM   #4
Dramnek_Ulk

Blade of roses is got from copper coronet after u free hendak, its a long sword that add+2 to charisma and does basterd sowrd dammage (2d4)

------------------

BOW before your Dread lord and ultimate tyrant lyachtu Xvim!

bow
bow
bow
bow
bow
bow
bow
bow
bow
bow
bow
bow
bow
bow
bow

BOW TO HIM!

Old 05-26-2001, 12:25 PM   #5
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Actually, Blade of Rose +3 is not a bastard sword, according to the description it is a long sword.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-26-2001, 12:34 PM   #6
Kerlyssa
Manshoon

Ah, so that's why I thought it was a bastard sword...some of the unique items can have fuzzy descriptions. Like the flail of ages. WTF does flail/mace proficiency mean? Both, or you only need one, or what?
Old 05-26-2001, 12:45 PM   #7
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Kerlyssa:
Ah, so that's why I thought it was a bastard sword...some of the unique items can have fuzzy descriptions. Like the flail of ages. WTF does flail/mace proficiency mean? Both, or you only need one, or what?
Indeed, when I first saw Blade of Rose is 2d4 weapon, I thought it was a bastard sword.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 05-26-2001, 02:06 PM   #8
Craig
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord:
Actually, Blade of Rose +3 is not a bastard sword, according to the description it is a long sword.

He didn't say it was