Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2002, 10:09 PM   #21
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

My bakery had no cheese danish, no apple fritters and I waited 40 minutes to find that the donuts I was getting for a friend were sold before I got waited on.... the world is in deep doo doo for sure...
Old 11-27-2002, 10:19 PM   #22
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
The second was that the Dallas Stars would be leading the NHL.
HEY!! When did it get cold enough to freeze water outside in Dallas??
Old 11-27-2002, 10:48 PM   #23
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
quote:
The second was that the Dallas Stars would be leading the NHL.
HEY!! When did it get cold enough to freeze water outside in Dallas??[/QUOTE]I blame it all on that Canadian Invasion Force. They brought their own weather with them. Now we have all this funny water around. It's hard and cold and you can walk on it. It sure is slick. Does anybody know what it is?
Old 11-27-2002, 11:25 PM   #24
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Since the Bengals are 1-10 the only way they could win the superbowl is if the entire league quit.
Old 11-28-2002, 01:02 AM   #25
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by antryg:
Previously I shared the signs of the world coming to an end. Now I will tell you the reason. The Sports Gods looked down fom the lofty heights and lo' they espied the Texas Rangers. This displeased the gods for the stench of their play had ascended to the heavens. The gods were wroth with anger and declared that they would put an end to this abomination. "For the sake of creation all the world must be cleansed for the Rangers have contaminated the earth and all that dwell within." they exclaimed.
Sad but true. We are all going to die because of the Texas Rangers. [img]graemlins/hairfreak.gif[/img]
Or you could blame it on the Detroit Tigers. They were just as bad as the Rangers. I know I would blame it on both of them evenly.
Old 11-28-2002, 01:18 AM   #26
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Jeffi0:
quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Ranger:
quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
Hate to burst your bubble, antryg, but really the Bruins are the best in the NHL. Played 4 less games, but only 3 less points. Mathematically...

And yes, I know what the score was. [img]graemlins/1pissed.gif[/img]
Rubbish. Those 4 games could be 4 losses. You cant count points of unplayed games.[/QUOTE]It doesn't matter whether or not the Bruins would win or lose for total points. All they have to do is get 4 points in 4 games to be the top scorer. They might lose by twenty points in each game (though that is unlikely. Very, very unlikely) but as long as they score four goals in four games, which they probably would, they become the top scorer. Right now they have the nost goals per game.

Mind you, this is all stuff I get from Iron's post. The only team that really matters is the Leafs. I am pleased to see that they are actually winning now... Ed Belfour looks like a stoner.
[/QUOTE]Er,umm, tell me if I am wrong here, but I dont think you gain points in the standings by how many goals you get.

Win/OT Win= 2 points

OT Lose/Tie= 1 Point

Lose= 0 Points.

Right?

Err, Nevermind, I miss read the post, I also mis read true mooses post...I think.

[ 11-28-2002, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 11-28-2002, 01:34 AM   #27
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Quote:
Er,umm, tell me if I am wrong here, but I dont think you gain points in the standings by how many goals you get.

Win/OT Win= 2 points

OT Lose/Tie= 1 Point

Lose= 0 Points.

Right?

Err, Nevermind, I miss read the post, I also mis read true mooses post...I think.
You're right about the points. But whoever was disputing the claim of points was wrong as goals scored is not figured into standings.
Old 11-28-2002, 01:42 AM   #28
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

But I think TM was talking about who scored to most goals in the orginal post..And I thought he was talking about the actuall points in the standings. But as you said, you can score 200 goals in a game, but it dont mean anything if you get scored on 201 times in that game [img]tongue.gif[/img]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Old 11-28-2002, 01:45 AM   #29
Lord Starshadow
Quintesson

Quote:
But I think TM was talking about who scored to most goals in the orginal post..And I thought he was talking about the actuall points in the standings. But as you said, you can score 200 goals in a game, but it dont mean anything if you get scored on 201 times in that game [img]tongue.gif[/img]
If Moose was talking about goals scored, he would've said that. He plays hockey and knows the game, so he'd definitely make the distinction between goals scored and points in the standings. Moose was definitely referring to points in the standings.
Old 11-28-2002, 01:56 AM   #30
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Quote:
Rubbish. Those 4 games could be 4 losses. You cant count points of unplayed games.
No, but you can count games in hand when it gets a little closer to the playoffs.. not that the Stars, or Bruins, will have to worry about that... Leafs on the other hand..

[ 11-28-2002, 01:59 AM: Message edited by: Djinn Raffo ]