Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2002, 07:25 PM   #61
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

OTP!!! HIYA!

How's the family? And the dog? I've missed getting dog slobbered on! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

*hugs*

Back on topic...I now remember finding fresh frog eggs in their 'slime nest' one time at the local crick (creek for you non-southerners [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) I ran home and my Mom gave me a mason jar with a lid to bring some home in. I LOVED watching them change. Once they were sprouting all four legs and the tails had mostly disappeared, I let them go again. I only got three or four eggs, but it was AWESOME!

I also got to watch a caterpillar go through its metamorphosis! [img]smile.gif[/img] I loved that.
[img]\"http://home.earthlink.net/~moraine_sedai/_uimages/dragonmage.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/hero2.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Alureth...Dragon friend of Lady Breanna<br /><br />Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.<br />Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force<br />Mother Hen of IW and Mage extraordinaire.<br /><br />Utterly in love with my soul mate, Hiram.
Old 11-09-2002, 07:28 PM   #62
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Thank you Gabriel and Onthepequod [img]smile.gif[/img]

Eisenschwarz - If you want to debate this subject, please do it on your own thread and not here. I made this thread as a fun thing, a happy thing, for people to post their childhood memories.
I wuv u Lady Z [/QUOTE]ROTFL! where did that come from LofA? Awwwww, well shucks! I wuv u 2 Pauwy [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-09-2002, 08:24 PM   #63
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

OTP! *bat bat of lashes over hazel eyes* OOH OOH! C'mere and have some Jiffy pop with me!

I remember those stupid glass balls on strings connected by a ring, I have NO clue what you call those things , but we always called them 'Clackers'...OUCH OUCH OUCH...can we say BRUISED? LOL

And my mom always yelling, "You'll put someone's eye out with that thing! " [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2002, 08:25 PM   #64
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
quote:
quote:
Thank you Gabriel and Onthepequod [img]smile.gif[/img]

I wuv u Lady Z [/QUOTE]ROTFL! where did that come from LofA? Awwwww, well shucks! I wuv u 2 Pauwy [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Just trying to get spirit of your thread back Wendy [img]tongue.gif[/img] I wuv cwoudbwinger 2
Old 11-09-2002, 08:29 PM   #65
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Eisenschwarz:
quote:
Our actions were our own. Consequences were expected. No one to hide behind. The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law, imagine that!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and problem solvers and inventors, ever. The past 50 years has been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.
This all Sounds rather like conservative claptrap to me,
I bet people were saying this (or it’s equivalent) about and to every generation since The First creatures dragged themselves out of the primordial OOZE.
I can just imagine my great grandfather lecturing my grandfather with those sorts of words, Of course he had undoubtedly been lectured by his Grandfather…
Ad infintum.
[/QUOTE]Ok, this is official notice to lighten up and not flamebait members who post in fun. If this topic is one you feel needs serious discussion, then please start a new thread. As I see it, this is a 'rememberances' thread and meant to make people reminisce about their childhoods while sharing memories we all might recognize or at least be amused by.
Old 11-09-2002, 08:32 PM   #66
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

Just trying to get spirit of your thread back Wendy [img]tongue.gif[/img] I wuv cwoudbwinger 2
LOL, why thanks, LoA....you don't want anything for saying that do you? *hides her beer collection*

[ 11-09-2002, 08:34 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 11-09-2002, 08:36 PM   #67
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
OTP!!! HIYA!

How's the family? And the dog? I've missed getting dog slobbered on! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

*hugs*
The family is great! The wife is beautiful. The little barnacle is all boy (read into that what you will). And the dog is as loyal as ever (although I wish she wouldn't bark so much). Tonight the wife is out so it's just Little Starbuck and myself. We just finished building a Duplo pyramid - acutally I built it slightly faster than he could destroy it (see the above comment about being "all boy") - and I just put him down for the night. All is better than I deserve. Thanks for asking! How have you been?

Frog eggs....hmmm....I'm impressed. Does this mean you were a Tom Boy or just inquisitive? I'm trying to picture you, a Southern Belle, with your pants hiked up to your knees, wading near the bank, hunting for frog eggs.
Old 11-09-2002, 08:37 PM   #68
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
OTP! *bat bat of lashes over hazel eyes* OOH OOH! C'mere and have some Jiffy pop with me!

I remember those stupid glass balls on strings connected by a ring, I have NO clue what you call those things , but we always called them 'Clackers'...OUCH OUCH OUCH...can we say BRUISED? LOL

And my mom always yelling, "You'll put someone's eye out with that thing! " [img]tongue.gif[/img]
ROTFL! I remember those "Clacker" balls on strings! Yeah dunno what other purpose they had other than to clack them together, the interest factor on those things was about 15 minutes LOL!

I remember they sold this particular odd toy back then, you put this plastic loop around your left ankle, with a two foot rope connected to it, with this heavy round object at the end of the rope. You were supposed to rotate your left leg with the rope around it and swing the round object around and jump over it with your left leg. It took some practice, but eventually you could do it, but eventually also said to yourself "why again am I doing this?" Even worse, was the fact that I couldn't afford a "real" one, and my parents refused to buy me one, so I made my own, with a rope with a loop at the end, and one of my parent's Head N' Shoulders shampoo bottle filled with rocks. Lame eh?!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 11-09-2002, 08:40 PM   #69
onthepequod
Quintesson

Quote:
Nope....too dangerious!

Quote:
As I recall....when I was a child and someone's eye was put out, that was when the fun really began.
Old 11-09-2002, 08:43 PM   #70
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Reading this has put me on thoughts on my own childhood, no creaks or rides into town or old style drinks. Just fun days of running through the forest beat the living crud of each other with sticks in mock sword fights and launching sharp poles from our home made bows. And sending a unluck sole to stand by the near by path while we waited in the bushes until someone stopped and jumping out armed with pretend weapons like highwaymen.
Climbing and falling from trees, building forts and fighting out desputes on the old climing frame like our brothers and sister did before us.

It amazing we all surrived really.

[ 11-09-2002, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Gabriel ]