Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #1
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Sunglass Man

I am doing the quest where you enter the painting in Cheydinhal. I'm just wondering, can you kill the painted trolls without using the turpentine on them or not? If not (or even if so), how do I use the turpentine on them?

Thanks!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-13-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I climbed on a rock where they couldn't reach me, and killed some of them with fireballs. So yeah, they can be killed without using the turpentine. Matter of fact, i don't recall using that at all.
Old 04-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #3
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

The Turpintine just helps with damage. Poison your melee weapon, your your arrows, it doesn't matter much.
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 10:42 AM   #4
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

How to poisen your weapon:
Open your inventory klick on one of the bottles of
Turpintine, then a list comes up asking what you
want to do and click on apply to which ever weapon
you want it applied to.

Be careful useing fire balls in the painting! I set
the whole painting on fire and it killed me. LOL
Old 04-14-2006, 10:56 AM   #5
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Poisons are my daddy

Seriously, my character literally rocked the Arena, mostly thanks to poisons...except for that fight against the three Argonians...

Darn Argonians and their immunity to poisons!

hmm...it just occurred to me that my metal weapons didn't do much at all versus the painted trolls...but, since they're "painted" on canvas, I guess that fire spells are unusually effective?

I'd love to hear other people's input on this particular quest, which I though was a great one.

[ 04-14-2006, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: Ilander ]

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 05:03 PM   #6
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I thought it was cool as well. I am very impressed with the quests I have done so far, in terms of being a bit different. And I have had hardly any fed-ex style quests. I also like how quests from a city are centred around the wilderness in close proximity to the city. It means I don't have to do what I did in Morrowind, which was collect heaps of quests then plan wilderness forays around where a number of them were located, which was quite the logistical undertaking! I can comfortably get a quest, go do it, and come back and I haven't wasted a huge wilderness trek that I will have to go on again with my next trek.

Anyway, I used the turpentine and a couple of (fortunately well-directed ) fireballs and killed those suckers. LMAO at burning the painting up - that is great attention to detail [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2006, 03:56 PM   #7
djp1021

you really set the whole painting on fire? thats cool! i gotta do that!except do you think if you set it on fire as that guy opens the portal to go back to the real world, it will still be on fire when you look at the painting? that be pretty cool and weird
Old 06-07-2006, 12:06 PM   #8
DraconisRex

Quote:
Originally posted by Aelia Jusa:
I am doing the quest where you enter the painting in Cheydinhal. I'm just wondering, can you kill the painted trolls without using the turpentine on them or not? If not (or even if so), how do I use the turpentine on them?

Thanks!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
I chopped them into bits.
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote