Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-16-2000, 12:05 AM   #31
Glorick the Half-Orc

I'll bet if you called any member of Metallica a "bard", he would beat you to death, lol. Or they would have when their music didn't suck. And yes, Half-orcs may lack intelligence, but they are very good at killing - and eating - bards.

Going from town to town to woo women - wow, you use a game to do this? You all need to get out more. I don't play RPGs like this to woo women. I want to bash, cast fireballs, and backstab villians. I don't want to play a freaking harp.

As for Shakespear, waching his plays is entertaining, but in now way shape or form would I want this guy at my back in a fight. Gimme jackie chan - a funny "monk" - anyday.

Old 12-16-2000, 04:19 AM   #32
hobs

Dear Half Orc, I see bard more like a gleeman than a court jester, traveling from city to city playing harp in taverns, makeing womens laugh and drinking lot's of wine. A bit like Robert Jordan books type of character, wearing patched cloak, carrying ton's of throwing knifes hidden under your shirt so that you can pull them out with flourish gesture, arousing envy all around you.. And ad G.W sayd, it's hard to get balance in your party with bard, true, but it also makes playing more interesting, challenging even. Besides, in Forgotten Realms, all heroic stuff is told by bards, so when lonely swordsman will die in silence, my dude writes he's own adventures down and he's name is rememberet for next millenium! ..he may become a BARDgod even, god of carousing and temptations
AND Metallica, for example, is a GROUP of bards! And they are richer than god himself..

-hobs-

Old 12-16-2000, 02:54 PM   #33
Bardo

This is a handy trick with the jester.Kill mencar pabblecrushers group in the den of the 7 vales and then on the thief there is a ring of invisibility.You can go invisible and play the bard song and just confuse your enemies and if you are high enough in level they'll start kickin the shit out of each other and eventually theyll be so weak the you yourslf can take em on hand to hand.(I think tHis also works with a cleric,)

P.S The half orc fella must be crazy,half orcs get none of the women and if they do look at their women ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! its amusing to me to think about how the half orc race will continue /

Old 12-16-2000, 07:52 PM   #34
Shank

DEAR BARDO (A.K.A MY NEIGHBOUR).I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW YOU CAN JABBER ON ABOUT TRYING OUT ALL CLASSES , USING THE WAVE ETC ETC WHEN YOU DONT EVEN OWN THE GAME BG2!!!!!!!!!YOU PLAY IT ON MY PC 2 OR 3 TIMES A WEEK AND ARENT EVEN PAST CHAPTER 2.LOL.......YOU ARE STILL AN AUTHORITY ON BG2 THOUGH ARENT YOU