Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 12-09-2001, 09:39 AM   #1
Tom
Elminster

Well?

say your a BAD guy, and your rep is 20, whats gonna happen? Im not counting NPC's, just the PC
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 10:07 AM   #2
Lucre
Elminster

Nothing really, seeings as you won't have a script for your character.
Lucre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 10:59 AM   #3
Jim
Quintesson

Being evil opens up a few quests that aren't available to those of good or neutral alignment. Other than that, there's no difference
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 11:06 AM   #4
Lucre
Elminster

There is a difference in hell...
Old 12-09-2001, 11:17 AM   #5
--= Clockwork =--
Elite Waterdeep Guard

To actual gameplay, not much... but the whole point of Role Playing is kinda to create a character and PLAY them as their personality is intended to be...

So really, you shouldn't have an evil character with a good rep if you're role playing properly...

Also, with certain classes like Paladins and Rangers, if you're good and go all kill-spree you'll "fall"... and lose abilities etc.
Old 12-09-2001, 11:34 AM   #6
Lucre
Elminster

I used to play with a fallen Paladin in BG1 on one of the lower difficulties.
Old 12-09-2001, 02:39 PM   #7
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

The game is a little biased to good aligned PC's. I am taking a chaotic evil assassin through right now and there are times when I can either say the nice thing = good experience and possible quest or I actually role play the character and tell them off/stab them for talking to me.

During the early levels, it is really tempting to just say whatever they want to hear to get good xp. Justify it by saying it is really evil to lie to people
Old 12-09-2001, 06:37 PM   #8
Eldoran
Dungeon Master

Just treat having all those rep points as an excuse to do something naughty...

You can always take the "good" dialog, and then go back later and knife the person who annoyed you... A good stabbity in the head will teach them not to force you to say flowery things just for exp. Darn them, Evil Is Good! [img]graemlins/whipitgood.gif[/img]
Eldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 07:02 PM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Yeah.....they really should have had the game be more aware of your alignment. Your CHA determines how well your NPCs stay in line and how much stuff costs, and your Rep determines whether or not the townsfolk attack you. But what does your Alignment do? Determines your Special Abilities and possibly opens a couple of quests. Hoo boy. It should also control whether or not the NPCs will like you....like Edwin won't join someone who's Lawful Good, and Keldorn will eventually take a swing at anyone Evil.
Old 12-10-2001, 02:01 AM   #10
Lord Ludtke
Zhentarim Guard

People keep saying that cha affects price but I never see a change. Sometimes I forget to put on the Ring of Human influence while I am shopping, so I end dialoge and then put it on. Go back in and the prices are the same. Rep, however has a drastic effect on price once you are up in the high teens(and conversely the 3-6 range). Rep at 20 means stuff is half price.

I have notices talking changes where the number of choices I have to say to somebody change .

ex.(spoiler?)
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
That thief that you have to get his knife you prove you dealt with him, the first time I went up to him(cha=3)my choices were 1)start swinging while calling him names or 2) sorry, I didn't mean to disturb you.

Walk away put on the ring(cha=18) and now I also have the choice 3)Give me your knife so I don't have to kill you.

But prices, no I have never found any change.