Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 06-05-2001, 08:12 AM   #1
GRomi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi!
I just read the Topic posted by Xan about changing to a Bard and became a bit nervous.
Is it true that there is a limit of the number of skills and traits that a character can acquire? If so that would ruin my party’s development strategy...

How many traits and skills can get one hero? Is the size of the page really the limitation?

...and sorry for my english
GRomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 08:28 AM   #2
Bear
Dungeon Master

There is no actual limit to the number of traits and skills a character can learn. There is a limit to how many you can actually SEE, but the traits and skills still work even if you cannot see them. If you cannot see a skill then you cannot improve it using skill points but you can still train it if you have the right guild levels and stuff.

Some people keep a paper copy of their characters so that they will know all the traits and skills that their characters have.

Like Wyvern said before, your English is fine!

------------------
Bear

"No matter where you go, there you are. " - B. Banzai
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 08:43 AM   #3
GRomi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Uff! What a relief...

Thanks Bear. I'll buy some pencils and play my CRPG on paper
GRomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 08:49 AM   #4
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Hi GRomi! Your English looks good! Welcome to the board. Just wanted to say hello!
Mammawlin
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 03:04 PM   #5
Xan
Dungeon Master

great idea with the paper thing! I was so focused on the computer I did not even think of doing something by hand!LOL! I'm going to do that right now, And GRomi-sorry if I scared you cuz I scared myself too!

------------------
In an infinite universe, not only is anything possible, but highly probable!
Xan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 03:44 PM   #6
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

Hey, that idea about righting things out on paper is a great idea! It never even crossed my mind! I think I'll start doing that, since I can see everything my party has at this point (I'm sure that's not going to last long ).

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 06:48 PM   #7
Benihaha
Dungeon Master

I'm glad someone asked to clarify this. I'm working on taking one character thru as one class (currently a warlock) and then changing to a different class and playing thru. My thought was to get one character that was good at everything and then taking small groups thru with him to try different classes. I was really worried that I was going to max him out and not be able to play anymore. I figured as a last resort I could just leave them at LEVEL UP for the rest of gameplay.
WHEW!!!
Thanks again.
Benihaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2001, 07:45 PM   #8
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

Let me add something if I may. I have experience in this as I ran a solo character to 133 level assissin after being most everything else. I then took that same character through the Gael Serran again after resetting the adventure and took him to 192 level Zen Master. If you are careful, you can keep leveling up for quite some time. Here are a couple of tips.

1. If you have a solo character and are planning to max out your skills, do not train the skill at the guild after level 10. You end up paying a lot of money and even putting 6 points into each skill will take several level ups to bring the skill to level 12.

2. After you have some decent skills for fighting, train the skills towards the end of your list first. That way, when you push the skill off the edge of the screen you have already invested your training into it and you can spend more training points on other skills.

3. Do not train your Magic classes until either a) they are at the end of the screen, or b) you have trained almost everything else.

4. Do not even train level 1 in things like dagger, bow, staff, mace, axe or shield unless you have to. As you fill up other skills, these will dissappear off your screen to make room for skills that have at least some points. After you have maxed out all your other skills, train one level at the warriors guild in one of these areas. This will push the bottom most skill off the screen and make room towards the top for the skill. You can then spend several level ups training it to the max. then purchase another skill.

With careful planning, you can go up hundreds of levels without running out of skills to increase. The only reason I didn't take my Zen Master up to level 300 is because I got tired of playing him. He still had plenty of room to grow with skills. And I figure a 192 level Zen Master ought to be able to take care of most things he runs into.

Good Luck

Knarfling

------------------
Only two of my personalites have delusions, but one of them is paranoid and the other is out to get him.
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote