Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2001, 10:05 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

SPECIAL EDITION OF THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER
Sazerac, Editor
Contributing Reporter: Alicat

DO LILIES HAVE MORE FUN? JUNGLE LILY AND SPHINX OBSERVED IN ROMANTIC TETE-A-TETE

No need to worry about race riots in the Gael Serran. Species here have no problems with co-mingling, as the above photo taken by our [extremely] intrepid reporter-in-the-field, Alicat, indicates.

A party of adventurers, sojourning on the Enchanted Isle west of Brimloch Roon, were set upon by three ferocious jungle lilies, known throughout the Gael Serran for their aggressive demeanor. The questing party managed to kill off two of the beasts, and was preparing to destroy the third, when they observed the highly unusual behavior seen in the above picture.

A unnamed member of the party is quoted as saying, ". . . the third one slithered over to the sphinx and started whispering sweet nothings into its ears (or possibly smooching, I couldn't tell). And when it turned to face us, it kept putting a frond around the sphinx, all cozy-like. I think we've got a cross-species relationship here, a dangerous one. Very kinky!"

To say the least. There has been an uproar about the picture in various parts of the land. While most Gael Serrans find it amusing and touching, (Lilies DO have emotions!), the long-winded Sabastio, loremaster of the Wizard's Guild in Brimloch Roon, after a lengthy discourse on the possible genetics of such a mating, finally concluded with, "If truly these beings can mate, then we may very well all be doomed. Think of the possible offspring! Flying Lilies!"

Indeed. Or Mantraps that ask riddles before they vaporize you.

Many special thanks go out to Alicat's adventurers, who, given the proximity of the shot shown above, are either very brave, foolhardy, or both!

Keep watching for the latest installment of THE GAEL SERRAN EXAMINER. Remember: Minds that need examining want to KNOW!

-Sazerac, Editor

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 04-10-2001).]
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2001, 10:13 PM   #2
Moni

Excellent work Ali!
Great story!
I want to know more!
Don't tell my psychologist!!!!
; )
Moni
Old 01-27-2001, 12:13 AM   #3
Lily the Ranger

OH, MY! There goes the family reputation!
Old 01-27-2001, 08:40 AM   #4
adam mage

"From here to Eternity" at the beach....

LOL! thanks
Old 01-27-2001, 08:59 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

How much is a lifetime subscription??

SIGN ME UP!!

Wyv

(The best way to start the day - Gael Serran Examiner)
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 09:47 PM   #6
adam mage

ok seriously, this is driving me crazy... HOW did you get the picture with the computer? it has so many different filenames...
Old 01-28-2001, 12:41 AM   #7
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Dear Adam Mage,

If you don't have a Screen Capture program, you can always use the Windows Screen Capture (ALT+Print Screen). It saves the image to the clipboard as a bitmap and then you can paste it into Paint or any other graphics package you have.

If you have a more sophisticated package (such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro) you can turn on Screen Capture before you start Wizards & Warriors. The program runs in the background and will do multiple captures (every time you hit F12 it "takes a picture"). In Paint Shop Pro, it's saved in the application itself as separate files named "Image01, Image 02, etc.) There's a freebie program that's been mentioned on the Forum before and now I forget what it is. Maybe a search would turn it up..

Anyway, all I do then is just crop the image (just so the view window is showing) and save it as a JPG (the only way the Internet will show it, other than a GIF which will only support 256 colors). I upload it to my server and it's ready to go.

-Sazerac
Old 01-28-2001, 08:08 AM   #8
Xignal76

The screen capture program I use is called MiniCap. It does manual or automatic naming of captures using the Print Screen key, is small, and works well with W&W.

You can get it here.
Old 01-28-2001, 10:35 AM   #9
adam mage

thanks!

now I HAVE tried the print screen method but....
it made the screen all screwy!
I did some checking and found...

3 of the files that had the kak virus
curses!
I really don't know if these viruses had interferred with my game or not but
that'll teach me to update my virus detection program more often...
anyway,
I'll give your suggestions a go...

there were some scenes I would have captured for your news

hovering/flying snakes
hovering priests
the spider stuck thru the Ishad'Na gates and it's still alive! It had the ability to phrase thru walls!
two highland raiders caught in an embrace!
why there were so many rats...in the crypt

to add: tried to download the Minicap program but my computer told me that it's corrupted.
I'll give Sazerac's suggestion a try again.
Old 04-10-2001, 10:54 PM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Up to the top for our newcomers...

-Sazerac