Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-20-2000, 12:46 AM   #11
ironfist

I think the 9th lvl berserker is useless, he hardly hit anything(later in the game)
and is only available for 1 minute each day and cost you 12000 gold to make the horn,
well, it isnt worth for the amount of gold I have to pay.

Old 12-20-2000, 11:52 AM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Suul-Yinn that is why I love this board. I'd have NEVER found that effect.

Cheers mate.
Old 12-20-2000, 06:25 PM   #13
Ronn

I now know where you are talking about(I hope).

Thanks....

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Old 12-20-2000, 07:10 PM   #14
Suul-Yinn

It's my anally retentive nature, Yorick, I talk to everyone and try all options. The merchant mentions Cromwell's location and says that he himself can only enchant horns. When I found the horn in the bridge district, I popped back and happened to have a diamond on me. After that I tried every gem I found, but so far only those two work. If anyone else has found any other upgrades, please post. I haven't found any other horns he can enchant so far, I tried the Horn of Blasting, but there may be others.

Old 12-20-2000, 07:17 PM   #15
Ronn

It did work!

I walked along each wall when I was here in Chapter 1 or 2, but I didn't see any secret door. I came back just shy of Chapter 7 and walked along the edge of the walls looking for a secret door. I always thought this cave-like room was a bit odd.

After the hints from this message string, I found it but only with my thief set on detect traps. The golems were no problem at all due to the level of my party, but now I wonder if I missed any other secret doors....

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Old 12-21-2000, 12:06 AM   #16
omegadawn
Welcomed New User

You can set your theive's script to persistantly search for traps unless you give other specific commands. This works wonders, but you wanna be careful, as the thief will literally search for traps while being hacked to death and wont defend him/herself unless you give the command to. You wont miss secret doors or traps for that matter because of the constant scanning.
Old 12-21-2000, 04:50 AM   #17
hobs

ooookay, now it's proved, bards just CAN'T jump! ..nor yet beat that cursed adamantite golem.. hmh.. and neither can anyone else in my current party. ..yoshimo, nalia, jaheira, minsc and my overbrave, delusional bard, who seems to suffer overwhelming overconfidency.
aww.. there should've been a sign at the entrance of that stupid temple: "second chapter characters not allowed" oh'well.. back to city to find some mean fighters.. and maybe a machinegun or two..

-hobs-