Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-19-2000, 06:24 PM   #1
Lora

I just finished the Serpents Temple and talked to Ez...who gave me the letter for Har...? But everytime I venture north the dragon kills me.

Old 10-19-2000, 09:15 PM   #2
aubietiger

I'm not sure what you are trying to do. If you haven't been through The Shurugeon castle your party probably should not be wandering around that far north yet. I know that by that time I was able to escape from dragons random attacks just by running away. If this is not you case I am sorry. I do know that before you try to get in the Dragon's spire you will need the King in the Stout mine to make you a set of Dragon armor.I had a tough time even getting by the Amazoni mantraps on the way to the castle. Runnning like hell helps, however they will follow at a slow pace. This give you enough time to enter the castle where they will not follow and heal.

Old 10-20-2000, 05:03 PM   #3
Regis
Welcomed New User

One method I found to take care of the Mantraps was to have my priest throw as many Haste spells as he could on my wizard (save out enough to throw Spirit Eye, though, so you can see them coming on the map). Walk around with the wizard leading and when you see the Mantraps on the edge of your vision, cast Flamestrike. After that you have two options:

1) Rush up and fight it out with them. Your wizard should get 2-3 attacks per fight round and if you aim the spell at the ones in the back after that first attack, the spill-over should help knock off the one in front, which your fighters should have close to dead. You definitely get hurt, but eventually you prevail.

2) Try to hang on the edge of the fight range, hoping you won't get toasted any more while your wizard keeps firing. Frankly, I'm not sure this wouldn't just set you up to be whomped on every round (they have excellent range). On top of that, if you should back up too far, when you get back within range they will get the default first attack for a new fight.

This works best if you have run away from them before and managed to draw them out enough to break up the pack. I ended up doing the fight twice with a max of 3 monsters each time, so it didn't hurt as bad (although the heal-up afterwards was tremendous each time).