Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2004, 02:17 PM   #11
Bleis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks again for the help, I did install the patch and voila ! thanks I was happy not to have erase the game yet, so I continue the game, and now well I reach the sea, but I can't find the samurai baton? I return to the dragon lair, and fall over the rift to reach the bottom since it seam the only fast way to return to the other town, there is a samurai there waiting to kill the dragon, I though it was him first, did even kill him for nothing though, I then look and look around the ruins, I did found a little cemetary with like 6 tomb stone or so, but no samurai to be sean there only a chest, then a guy appear teling me is also looking for the cemetary, I try falowing him but we just walk in cercle *grunt* so now that's where I am looking for the damn baton to turn my people into samurai, thanks again for the help, sorry < [img]redface.gif[/img] )
Bleis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 03:54 PM   #12
bsftcs
Red Dragon

There is a clearing with a small graveyard just by the banks of the moat surrounding Shurugeon Castle. There you will probably have come across some samurai skeletons. Do not worry. They will respawn once you have undertaken the samurai ascension quest. Seek them out and kill them. One of them will then drop the baton. It looks just like Rethpian's bauble stick from the crypt.

[ 05-03-2004, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 05-04-2004, 01:28 AM   #13
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm glad the patch got you out of there... give it credit for another one [img]smile.gif[/img]

But... oooooohhhh... bad news, Bleis. That Samurai you killed was Torin, and he's part of one of the Bushi Dojo quests (the first, I believe). So you're not going to be able to complete those quests (and get to level 7 in the Bushi guild) unless you restore to a prior save.

Bsftcs has given you the location of the correct samurai to kill...

The other guy you were following is Jathil, who is part of a Temple quest later on... so you probably don't want to kill him, either

[ 05-04-2004, 01:30 AM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 02:24 AM   #14
Bleis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

finaly thanks for the tip I was realy not looking at the good place it seam for this cemetary, and I did a save before kill the samurai torin, and did start over the game from there, now *grins* I did a little kick off hehe I did a save before juste in case ! I though why not kill this dragon and this oak tree to gain this interminable hit point need *chuckles* but my fear is will I be strike by the mavin sword for my hasty behavior? or will I be abble to end the game anyway? when I finaly kill the tree wich wasn't so easy though took me 1h to kill it just with flames strike from a safe distance on my boad hehe, oh well he gave me a seed? the treant seed? wonder what to do with that seed now, Oh! one other **stupid** thing is all the gold under the dragon and not one dime to be taken *chuckles* he must have melt it all under his belly to the ground I fear hehehe
so now I am after this leaprechaun, dang I try to catch him with spell but so far he's too fast for me, hope it's the way to catch him though? I'm also after those stupid shell monster wich are rare like **pope shit** if you sorry my bad expresion here though the way I see it it will take me for ever to get all the need shell to get those sea breather wich I belive I must need to get this pirate treasure who sound verry deep by the way he spoke, so far I have only 1 breather mask and tank, and I test it to see how long we can stay under water but since I can only send 1 member he's the only one too to benifit the hp point wich is again lame though this part is realy a shame wish there was a island where there are colonies of those crabs! oh well enough of complaining now hehe, thanks for your interested in my progress, and specialy for the kind help your all giving me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Bleis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 08:34 AM   #15
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Sounds like you have broken your oath and incurred the wrath of the Mavin which will now...

(Spoilers)

...do absolutely nothing. Apparently that part was never programmed or it was omitted before the release of the game.

The treant seed you will need to complete a wizard guild quest in Brimloch Roon.

[ 05-04-2004, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 05-04-2004, 05:07 PM   #16
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Glad you had a save game [img]smile.gif[/img] They really help [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

The best way to get the shells from the crabs is to steal them. You get many chances to steal, but only one chance when you kill them. This is the one time when Ghourkish Bloodscent or the scout skill come in handy... (Miss Piggy: There's a crab nearby Party: *splash* Where? Where?)

Just keep swimming around in the water, and you'll find crabs... eventually.
Also, you can put the breather on one party member and the helmet on another. Each one slows your rate of oxygen consumption (the speed with which the water level rises in your picture). And Iron Lung, a thieves' guild trait, can slow it down even more.
-+-+-+
Old 05-04-2004, 08:08 PM   #17
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
And Iron Lung, a thieves' guild trait, can slow it down even more.
Uh...Bungleau...sorry, but I just spotted a small correction...Iron Lung is not a theives' guild trait...if memory serves me right, it is a trait you receive in the Collesium...
Old 05-04-2004, 10:00 PM   #18
bsftcs
Red Dragon

It can be invoked from an item found in Collasium, but it can also, as Bungleau pointed out, also be purchased in the thieves guild.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:29 PM   #19
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Bsftcs is correct. It can be invoked (which is where I've previously received it), but it is also a level 5 (I think) thieves' guild trait, available to rogues and probably others. It's not available to assassins, though... blinking discrimination, I tells ya!

So Digger is waiting to find a certain item in Collasium so he can acquire the trait as well...

*edit* prior to playing the Den of Thieves, I had no idea it was a guild trait. I'm still learning things...

[ 05-04-2004, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Old 05-05-2004, 03:35 AM   #20
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The trait can be learned by barbarians and bards. It isn't available to assassins. It does not seem to be available to non-thief classes. I don't know whether it is available to ninjas and pure thiefs.

2. Yes, it is a guild level 5 trait.