Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 04-18-2004, 04:51 AM   #1
megan row
Elite Waterdeep Guard

good morning everybody,
what are they doing now to me? thanks for hints, i really can walk on the water and i found my own ancient ship and by chance found the pyramid of ole cet AND i found the underwater city. now, is this kidding camera? i do permanetly drown, though my priest can spell air breath and i dived nearly 7000 times (exaggeration)
isn´t there any room where the water is changed to air? how shall i manage this?
i thought of leaving all but my samurai warrior at home, she can take her breath really long. but this doesn´t work either. time is just too short.
so, if there is any trick pls tell me.
the drug-misunderstanding depended on the german word for pills - tabletten.
and since i had another misunderstanding concerning the language. you know this pirate who wanted to have a longtooth hide from skull island. i had been there to fight the vampires and of course thought they were ment by the word "longtooth" since my dictionary gave me no explanations. longtooth just doesn´t exist. so i went back so lock for something a vampire could have dropped, in vain of course.
meanwwhile i know!
i really love this game and i am already planning what to do after finishing (if i ever happen to handle this rotten underwater village
have a nice day
greetings from mr
megan row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 06:42 AM   #2
WillowIX
Apophis

Well you could equip your characters with scuba gear. That would definitely help your breathing. Otherwise you need a good level caster of Breath of Air and Great heal. Cast, cast and cast (breath of air on your party and great heal on the character casting breath of air).
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2004, 08:34 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

As WillowIX pointed out, the underwater breathers would be your best bet.

The "iron lung" trait which can be purchased in the thieves' guild should also be of assistance.

But basically there are many pockets of air inside. Although, I admit it is quite irritating having to find air in the middle of a conversation with a mermaid.
Old 04-18-2004, 10:34 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Let me add one more minor detail...

These "breathers" that everyone keeps talking about? They're what Buckley at the shipyard does with the crab shells you bring back to him. He starts out with some in stock, and every time you bring some back, he gets more.

There are two elements: the breather and the helmet. The helmet replaces your helmet (naturally), and looks quite funny on a Ghourk [img]smile.gif[/img] The breather fits into your second weapon slot, and if you're using kung fu, gives you a second attack (assuming you've got second weapon skill, of course).

Each one reduces your air consumption, and together, they reduce it more. They don't eliminate it, though, so even when you're in Collaseum you'll need to surface into one of the air pockets periodically to get a fresh breath of air.

Although how fresh it could be after several hundred years below water is a mystery to me...

You can also get Iron Lung from something you'll find in Collaseum as well. That combined with a helmet and breather means you can stay underwater for a long, long time... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 04:21 AM   #5
Radek
Red Dragon

1. The "air pockets" in Collaseum: They are many but you have to know where they are exactly. Check the ceiling above yourself and investigate strange "cracks" in it. Moreover, a part of Collaseum is "above the water level" (even if Collaseum is on the sea bottom )
2. The "something" mentioned by Bungleau. Don't forget that you can recharge it by means of sell-buy in a shop, so that all your characters can gain the Iron Lung trait. Do not overlook the "something", it looks like an ordinary item! And do not sell it - pass it to your future game runs instead. It's a real comfort having the trait from the beginning of the game