Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-03-2003, 05:47 AM   #1
Marikai
Dungeon Master

Alright i give up!

Can anyone tell me how to become a Zenmaster?! Does a Zenmaster just come from a Wizard that evolves into a bard that evolves into a thingy and then evolves into a do-dad and then finally a Zenmaster?! O_O

Ive looked in some of the previous posts, but i get lost in a pool of words. Is there someone who can give me and Idiots guide to Zenmasters?

---

I bought this game oveer a year ago, and i had a barbarian/warrior/ninja and a ninja/ranger/theif guy. They were quite the extremists for my first go. Now i started again (due to the fact that this Zenmaster guy sounds as good as the rising rain) [img]smile.gif[/img] .

So now i got a wizard (lvl 11) and a warrior (lvl 11). When should i start changing character types (ranks is it? :/)

Thanks for any help here ppl.

~Marikai
[img]\"http://members.lycos.co.uk/arkana/phpBB2/images/avatars/178988289141833a89f34ac.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />Why am I trying to give, <br />when no one gives me a try, <br />Why am I dying to live, <br />if I\'m just living to die?
Marikai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 06:24 AM   #2
Radek
Red Dragon

To become a Zenmaster, you have to collect four "tomes of wisdom", four books (Tome of Fire, Earth, and so on), which you find during your travel through Gael Serran. Once you have collected all four tomes, give them to your future zenmaster, make sure that the future zenmaster is the active character (the one that can speak, buy, sell, etc.), enter any Bushi Dojo Guild, and wait. The candidate will be promoted to a Zenmaster.
The career of the future zenmaster does not matter. Even a character with a base role (thief, warrior, etc.) can become a zenmaster. Also, the future zenmaster need not be a member of Bushi Dojo. The four tomes in the inventory is the only thing that matters.
Only one character in your party can become a zenmaster (if you don't save the tomes by passing them to another character [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] - see the tips and tricks thread). That's because there is only one copy of each tome in the game. Naturally, you can become a zenmaster, reset adventures, and play the game again with your new zenmaster. New four tomes of wisdom will appear in the game after resetting adventures and another character can become a zemnaster. And so on.
One last thing: the last tome of wisdom is in the Pyramid. Therefore, don't be too unpatient when searching for the tomes.
Old 12-03-2003, 09:42 AM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Many of us have wondered why two of the three special roles (zenmaster and valkyrie) are only available at the very end stages of the game. We suspect it's to ensure that you'll have a reason to play it again...

As Radek pointed out, you need all four tomes, and the last one is in the very last dungeon of the game. So you won't become a zenmaster until it's almost over.

As for changing classes, there are no hard and fast rules. You can do it whenever you want. There are some things to be aware of, though.

1) Native spell casters can learn spells at the minimum of their spell skill level and class level. A level 11 wizard with level 6 in Sun magic can learn up to level 6 spells. A level 7 wizard with level 7 in Sun can learn up to level 7 spells.

2) Non-native spell casters can learn spells at the minimum of spell skill level and class level / 2. A level 11 paladin with Vine 7 and Spirit 7 can learn up to level 5 vine spells and level 7 spirit spells (since that's native).

3) Somehow, Sorcery figures into this, and you can't learn level 7 spells in a non-native magic school until you have sorcery 14, which means until you get the enlightement trait, which means until you're a level 18 zenmaster.

4) So there's a reason to stay in a magic class until you get the level 7 spells. Once you've got those, feel free to move on.

5) There is no inherent value in remaining a warrior. I switch to Barbarian as soon as I get the gold.

There are numerous posts about this in the Best Tips thread as well as throughout the list. Try a search on "changing classes", and you may be amazed at how much comes up.

But above it all, remember that there are no wrong ways to play the game. Whatever you want to do, the game will play on just fine. So go out there, do something, and have some fun!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2003, 10:52 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

1. Non-native spell casters can learn spells at the minimum of the class level and the skill level / 2. A level 11 paladin with Vinecraft 7 and Spiritcraft 7 can learn up to level 3 vine spells and level 7 spirit spells.

2. Sorcery does not figure in it. You cannot learn non-native level 7 spells because you would need the corresponding ...craft skill at 14, which you can't reach unless you become a zenmaster. The maximum skill level is 12 (for non-zenmasters) so that you can learn level 6 non-native spells at most. If you become a zenmaster then all magic schools become your native magic schools so that the Enlightement trait isn't needed for getting level 7 spells in any magic school.
Old 12-03-2003, 03:57 PM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I just thought I would welcome you to the board, Marikai. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

As to the ascension of characters I have nothing to add - my tactics in that field are rather conservative. [img]smile.gif[/img]

As to the zenmaster I will add that the four tomes are not called "Tomes of Wisdom" but "Tomes of Creation". Not that it matters, though. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

One is in the serpent temple, one is in the boogre caves, one is in Collasium, and one is in the pyramid. If you need the exact locations, please feel free to ask us or check Stackman's Adventures. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2003, 05:02 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Argh! Corrected by the incomparable Radek again! Well, if you gotta get thumped, get thumped by the best, I always say. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for correcting my confusion, Radek. I thought that someone told me Sorcery factored in, but I've never seen it cause me an issue. Now I understand much better... thanks!

Marikai, listen to what Radek says. He knows things...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2003, 03:42 PM   #7
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Although the Zenmaster only comes at the very end, it's still extremely powerful. I prefer the assassin over the Zenmaster, although the assassin is weaker. It's also much easier and quicker to become an assassin, you just have to complete a certain little quest

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote