Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2004, 10:07 PM   #11
Otto
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Marty4:
I was thinking along the same lines as ZFR, though I forgot about the advantage of going for an elf instead of half. Yes, he is soloing (though this was just a test). I forget the case for IWD; does the WIS affect saving rolls? I know it does in IWD2.

The new Marty:

STR 18/??
DEX 19
CON 17
INT 18
WIS 15
CHA 3

This may conflict with an elf, in which case I will add to CHA accordingly.

On a side note, I like using the name Marty, due to its out-of-placeness. I always chuckle when Ven Moonson Dragonfire talks to a guy named Marty. He is usually my Paladin.
There's no saving throw bonus for high WIS in IWD/HOW. Also, the minimum CHA for an elf is CHA=8. So, with 90 points, you will have:

STR: 18/xx
DEX: 19
CON: 17
INT: 18
WIS: 10
CHA: 8
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 03:28 AM   #12
Aerich
Lord Ao

Are you sure there's no saving throw bonus for high Wis?

I think there is, although it doesn't say so for sure in the manual (I just checked). It might not show up on the character record sheet, because it only modifies the saving throw for certain types of spells (e.g. mind-affecting charm and fear spells).
Old 11-15-2004, 11:13 AM   #13
Otto
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:
Are you sure there's no saving throw bonus for high Wis?

I think there is, although it doesn't say so for sure in the manual (I just checked). It might not show up on the character record sheet, because it only modifies the saving throw for certain types of spells (e.g. mind-affecting charm and fear spells).
I'm sure there's no saving throw bonus for high WIS. I first noticed this when a character with WIS=18 missed a save against spells by 1 and was charmed by a skeleton mage. I was playing with the option that lets you see all your rolls. What did you experience during gameplay that makes you think otherwise?
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote