Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-07-2001, 12:19 PM   #1
MysticX
Welcomed New User

You guys know that armor ?
Makes you look like a golem, gives you -18 ac !

All I know is that you need the golden pantaloons from BG1 and silver+bronze pantaloons from BG2, then a guy in Amkethran gives you that armor.

But I dont know where and how two find the other two pantaloons !
Can anybody help me or give me the cheatcode for that armor !!!!!???????????

------------------
famous last words:
"Hey, what about Dragons, they are easy, look i can slay that one with a wooden club......"
Old 09-07-2001, 12:30 PM   #2
fckoln
Dungeon Master

First off, welcome to the board/forum!

Spoilers included - somewhat...
A little TOB reference as well....
Fair warning,
The BMU (big Metal Unit) is not that good, if in a tight area (dungeon) you will be unable to get down narrow halls, or doors. You are unable to change armour in combat, so it can make it a hassle. Yes the AC numbers are awesome, but it is kind of ridiculous. If you want to make it, you will need exactly what you wrote. I do not know where you take them to be assembled though, the dwarf maybe??? Or possibly Cespenar in TOB.... I *grins sheepishly* used SK to check them out, then dumped 'em when I saw the affects. They are overpowered anyway.

[This message has been edited by fckoln (edited 09-07-2001).]

[This message has been edited by fckoln (edited 09-07-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 12:58 PM   #3
MysticX
Welcomed New User

ARGL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont tell me what I already know !!!!!!!!

Tell me where and how I can find the silver and bronze pantaloons or how the cheatcode for this armor is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2001, 01:14 PM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

that armor sux. you should just stick with the elven chainmail+5. that is what my fighter/mage has, and he doesnt need anything else. he also has a nice shield, but doesnt use it much, what with his dual-weilding and all. i was an ass, and cheated once. i got that armor, dual-weilded two of Drizzts' defenders, a helmet that adds to ac, a cloak of the sewers, some amulet, and two rings of gaax! put that with a stoneskin, and defensive harmony from a 16th level cleric, and my damn character was completely unstoppable. after a few fights, i figured that it was GAY, so i erased all of those characters, and ditched the editor. oh yeah, and my dexterity was at 25, along with ALL of my other stats. it just wasnt fun, but i figured being a child of a god and all........ anywho, just find everything, and forget that damn armor, it sux.

Just My Two Gold Pieces

------------------
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine
Old 09-07-2001, 02:17 PM   #5
MysticX
Welcomed New User

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I have all the other armors and i want this golem armor, cuz its the last for my collection, so dont tell me wich armor is better !1111

Tell me where vi get the golem armor !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2001, 02:31 PM   #6
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Just use shadowkeeper to add it to your character's inventory. I haven't heard about this armor before now, but everything else is in the SK list.

If it's not and you know where the guy who assembles the items is, then you can hack the pantaloons from SK and let him assemble them. I've seen the pantaloons listed in SK
Old 09-07-2001, 02:33 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Spoilers for ToB:

Step 01: Get Golden Pantaloons from BG1.

Step 02: Import Character from BG1 to BG2, the Golden Pantaloons should be found along with other equipment from the room with the Golem in Jon Irenicus's Dungeon.

Step 03: Go to the graveyard and find a man who was buried alive, help him and look for the culprit in the Bridge District.

Step 04: The culprit will retreat inside a house, enter and watch him get killed by his gang-members, you can choose to kill them, or let them flee.

Step 05: Go upstairs the house, search for a ransom note.

Step 06: Exchange the girl hostage for the Silver Pantaloons.

Step 07: Go to Abigazal's Lair.

Step 08: You will meet a mage who create floating eyeball servants, he will ask you to help him get an eyestalk. He mentions that you can ask three nearby petrified adventurers to assist you in getting the eyestalk.

Step 09: Unpetrify the adventurers, trick them into helping you get the eyestalk, they will gladly accept and come with the Bronze Pantaloons as well.

Step 10: Go to the dwarf in Amkethran, he will forge the items for you.

Step 11: You realise by the time you can get these items, you are too powerful already anyway.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart