Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-26-2000, 09:10 AM   #1
Hawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When i defeated the Unseeing Eye, there was an area full of blind people who had realised that it was wrong. There was a sarcophogous which i was told not to touch. I was too curious. A shade lich confronted me, and i dealt with it. Nasty piece of work that thing. Inside the coffin was some golden arms and legs. I have carried them with me ever since. I have just defeated Bohdi, and still i have no clue as to what they are for. Please help me.
Old 11-26-2000, 09:13 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Heh. Are you sure you want to know? They belong to the dreaded Kangaxx the Demilich who has gotten a ton of press on this and every other board. There are three tombs in the city. One you found, one is in a building in the Bridge district (to the west), and one is in a building the Docks (to the south). Won't tell you more than that unless you want to be spoiled with the exact locations. In each one you fill find a golden part of a body. Put them all together and you have Kangaxx. we'll see you back here I'm sure
Old 11-26-2000, 09:15 AM   #3
Hawk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks, i was looking for a decent challenge.
Old 11-26-2000, 03:02 PM   #4
Joukahainen

Did you say "decent challenge"? laugh. I thought Kangaxx was tougher than the Twisted Rune... I lost count how many times I reloaded... heh.

Old 11-27-2000, 12:46 AM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

ANYBODY who says they beat Kangaxx without reloading due to imprisonment AT LEAST once is full of shit. Unless they got the strategy from the boards in which case he's easy. Twisted Rune is just a really tough slugfest. Two mages that can cast Time Stop and Gate (the lich Shangalar is supposedly 27th level) as well as the vampire (23rd level wizard) as well as the Elder Orb as well as the Rune Assassin that does 60+ damage each backstab and has tons of invisibility potions. NOT easy by any means.
Old 11-27-2000, 02:00 AM   #6
Armisael

I found him fairly easy after I realised he continuously imprisons you, at which stage I used a protection from magic scroll. A question; if you wear the cloak of cheating when facing him, does it reflect the imprisonment spell back at him? If so, can you then cast freedom and get his experience endless times? Heh.

Old 11-27-2000, 02:04 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Armisael, afraid not because the cloak of cheating only mirrors spell damage which imprisonment and maze don't count as. Nice try...
Old 11-27-2000, 02:40 AM   #8
Armisael

Ah yeah, that's right. I ought to know after all those nasty experiences with elder orbs, too.

Old 11-27-2000, 07:15 AM   #9
Mantis

yeah how do you kill that damn head?? i've found it harder to fight than the two dragons i've killed so far.

Old 11-27-2000, 07:15 AM   #10
Mantis

yeah how do you kill that damn head?? i've found it harder to fight than the two dragons i've killed so far.