Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2001, 09:46 PM   #1
)V(ajin l3uu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just purchased(cool word huh?), anyway i PURCHASED bg1 and totsc, and im knida new to the series, I played IWD at one point and it didnt appeal to me, but now when i want to play it i couldnt find it, so my question. What's better Multi, Dual, Pure what are the advantages and disadvantages to each and another question, ive been reading up on it and i heard druids can only hit lv14 so i was wondering wonder lvling up a druid as my main char up to lv14 and dual to ranger of fighter, b a good idea? or what plz give me your response, suggestions...

also if you keep clicking on reroll button and storing the best, whats the highest amount of bonus points you can get if you subtracted and brought to the bare min.
Old 11-12-2001, 09:53 PM   #2
Sir Jorlon
The Magister

Okay, its all depending on your choice. Say you want to be a mage, with fighting skills, so be a fighter/mage. Only problem with them is they don't level up quicker. Being pure has its advantages, faster leveling, stronger, less easy to get killed, and so on. Dual classing is good, but i suggest the best dual class is from a fighter to a cleric. Also welcome. The druid only gets to 14 in SOA, is because it'd be pandemiounium with the level of 19. However, in ToB, you can advance cuz the enemies now can handle your super druid.
Old 11-13-2001, 01:19 AM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It's your first trip through the game? The answer is simple:

Male Gnomish or Dwarven Fighter (make him Male because the females of those races grow beards too, and you don't want to wander around the Sword Coast with gender issues)
Lawful Good
Strength: At Least 176), shoot for 100) if at ALL possible
Dexterity: 18 (17 if you're a Dwarf)
Constitution: 18 (19 if you're a Dwarf)
Intelligence: Bottom this sucker out
Wisdom: 10
Charisma: 18 if possible--if you can't get it above 16, put the points somewhere else and let a GOOD-lookin' party member talk to people and buy things.

Put your weapon points into Large Sword++ and Bow++, and keep adding to Large Sword. This guy is going to be the perfect hand-to-hand fighter, make sure you use him well.

Save before you Level Up. If you don't gain at least 10 hitpoints per level, reload your Save and try again. This last tactic is cheesy. It's your first time through the game, though, so you're allowed.

This will give you a general idea of the game. During the game, play close attention to things like THAC0, Armor Class, Saving Throws, and how fast the different classes Level Up. Knowledge, used wisely, is the most powerful of tools. [img]smile.gif[/img]

During your first game, read the manual twice. Come back to this forum, and--this is gonna hurt--READ THE OLD POSTS. This game has been analyzed to pieces by guys who know it and know it well, and each of us likes to show off our knowledge. Stop reading each thread as soon as you see the word "Spoiler," and you'll be happier for it. I accidentally read the exact location of a very cool helmet once, and I would MUCH rather have found it on my own. Don't read spoilers. This post is way too long. I'll shut up now.
Old 11-13-2001, 01:25 AM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Try to avoid walkthroughs, as well, at least your first time. True, there are a LOT of great items to find, but if you don't get everything on your first run, SO WHAT? Keep learning. It really is a lot more fun beating the challenge with your own wits.
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 05:30 AM   #5
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Also keep a very good eye while traversing a map. Sometimes you can find stuff in certain places, like caves but they can sometimes be hard to spot.