Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-16-2004, 04:38 PM   #1
Michael111
Welcomed New User

The bible

It is a book containing the knowledge of good and evil.

The forbidden fruit was not an apple. The fruit of a tree is also paper. And upon the pages of the bible is the knowledge of good and evil. The bible is poisoned with the knowledge of evil.

Ritualistic animal sacrifices, ceremonies incorporating the blood of dead animals, superstitious numbers, curses, evil spirits, dark prophecies... all in the bible.

Plotting, conspiracy, mass-murder, betrayal, genocide, slavery, suffering, wars... all in the bible.

A book is not 'Holy' if it contains the knowledge of evil, Satan, the devil, demons...

It is darkness. It is contaminated. It is unclean. It is poison.

Religion is the church of the poison mind. Minds poisoned by the knowledge of evil. People are deceived by religion.

The kingdom of God is within us all. Not within the pages of a book containing the knowledge of evil. I have recently shut it for good. I will not touch, nor taste of it again.

Because of Jesus Christ, I'm back in the land of the living. I've torn off my fig-leaf, and am returning to Eden. I am who God made me to be. The shame, guilt, and confusion is past-tense.

Thank You Jesus.

The Tree of Life = Jesus Christ

Eat freely from this tree and be saved.

------------------------

"Imagine" - John Lennon

Imagine there's no heaven,
It's easy if you try,
No hell below us,
Above us only sky,
Imagine all the people
living for today...

Imagine there's no countries,
It isnt hard to do,
Nothing to kill or die for,
No religion too,
Imagine all the people
living life in peace...

Imagine no possesions,
I wonder if you can,
No need for greed or hunger,
A brotherhood of man,
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer,
but I'm not the only one,
I hope some day you'll join us,
And the world will live as one.

Jesus is the answer!

Michael111
Old 04-16-2004, 04:50 PM   #2
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Wow. That made me throw away mine.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:55 PM   #3
WoodyG666
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thats very brave of you to say micheal, seeing as the bible has been the foundation of christians faith for over 2 millenium. But i guess everything in time changes. Maybe your words will inspire someone to action.... be careful.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:56 PM   #4
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I really have to say that is a .. unique way of looking at it Michael, but in my opinion, it's not really 'evil' so to speak, any book can be considered evil and poisoned because there has to be a villan, giving the book the source of conflict. But you're entitled to your opinion as everyone is.

P.s.- Your sig is a bit too long.
Old 04-16-2004, 05:00 PM   #5
drew_jarvie
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Gangrell:

P.s.- Your sig is a bit too long.
Yes, just a bit [img]smile.gif[/img]

But:
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] WELCOME TO IRONWORKS [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

[ 04-16-2004, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: drew_jarvie ]
Old 04-16-2004, 05:16 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to Ironworks, Michael111. May your time here last longer than it takes this thread to be handled [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:26 PM   #7
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Interesting and contradictory viewpoint Michael. Your knowledge of Jesus comes from the bible. So too does your appreciation of his grace and all else he brings.

You have to know evil to know good. You have to know dark to know light. You have to know condemation to know grace.

You may see the "fall of man" as evil, yet is is vital to knowing salvation and Gods love.

You may see the bible as negative, yet without it you'd have no knowledge of the difference Jesus makes, no any information about Jesus himself.

See ya

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-16-2004, 06:29 PM   #8
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

While you are free to have your opinion and faith, I would be carefull where you go here at IW. Your greeting thread is a powerfull statement that may offend some. There is a moratorium on religious discusion right now, and this just might fall in that catogory.
Welcome to IW.
I echo Bungleau.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:39 PM   #9
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Interesting and contradictory viewpoint Michael. Your knowledge of Jesus comes from the bible. So too does your appreciation of his grace and all else he brings.

You have to know evil to know good. You have to know dark to know light. You have to know condemation to know grace.

You may see the "fall of man" as evil, yet is is vital to knowing salvation and Gods love.

You may see the bible as negative, yet without it you'd have no knowledge of the difference Jesus makes, no any information about Jesus himself.
Bang on. Couldn't have put it better. Sort of like a reverse of that "Takes one to know one" insult, right? You can't do good without understanding evil.
Old 04-16-2004, 06:45 PM   #10
wellard
Dracolisk

As Lord Kathen says Michael 111 There is a ban on this subject. Have a click on the rules and regs icon at the very top centre of the page.

Sorry youre first post does not have a warmer greeting but religous discussions do get heated

Wellcome to Ironworks [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years