Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2001, 09:47 AM   #1
nonamefits
Welcomed New User

What is the best way to train a magic skill? Is it to cast spells from it at as high a lvl as u can, or repeatedly casting it at lower lvl?

Is picpocket worth having all thruu the game?

What is the best stats/skills to pump for a monk? After reading some of the other posts on this board I'm thinkin like this:
Str/vit (speed,dex,senses)
Martial arts/close combat/stealth, then magic skills as soon as the first 3 are maxed.
nonamefits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 10:25 AM   #2
Virgil
Dungeon Master

Casting it at a higher level seems to give a greater chance of increase. If the bubble is yellow or orange, I'll get a skill up every 2-4 castings. If the bubble is green, it takes 6-8 castings. However, once you get fairly high rating, it may make more sense to cast multiple low level spells. Otherwise, you'll be resting after every cast.
Virgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 10:52 AM   #3
GreyWolfDog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

>>Is picpocket worth having all thruu the game?

Pickpocket is definitly worth it im up to 75 now on my pickpocket and NO money wories 255,000 currently.

I would save pickpocket 3 times then save again, and if i got caught well i would just reload.

GreyWolfDog
GreyWolfDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:05 PM   #4
madmarcos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

monk: i have played 3 in 3 different parties and they always end up the highest damage dealer.

stats: pump 3 to STR and alternate 3 to DEX and SPD. when STR is maxed pump 3 DEX and 3 SPD

skills: 3 in martial arts. 3 in crit strike. 3 in close combat.
when any one of these is maxed, put 3 in stealth. after that maybe expert skills.

my monk after lvl 10 or so gets 4 to 8 attacks all the damn time. avg damage per round at lvl 10 was around 50. plus she critically strikes every so often. better SENSES might help that fire more often. i believe the secret to success with a monk is unarmed martial arts. the more often a monk can hit the more often it can critcally strike. plus she tends to hit really damn often. puts the dracon samurai to SHAME! hell the samurai might as well grab a sling and head to the rear. or learn pickpocketing.

pickpocket is WONDERFUL! use Myles at the beginning while you build yours up but as soon as its 30+ give ol Myles the boot and get a better npc.
madmarcos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 02:21 PM   #5
vesselle
Hathor

gotta agree with madmarcos on that regarding the monk. that's EXACTLY how i have been allocating her skills and she is a powerhouse!

only thing i have done is every other level, i will divvy it up so that i toss a couple of points into Senses. i think that's what is upping her crits! nothing more satisfying than having her kick something and watching it blow up!

it definitely is crucial to have her carry nothing but some shuriken (for her ranged weapon) or poison darts. that way she uses her best skill ~ Unarmed. i love seeing her two little paws with their claws next to her face.

mine is level 10 too and she is doing 4 attacks per round minimum. with approximately 12-20 pts per attack that means... uh... ::counts on her fingers, gets confused and stops:: umm ... ALOT!!

V***V
Old 12-07-2001, 02:31 PM   #6
Merkin
Manshoon

Thanks for the tips on Monks, guys, I've been really unhappy with my Samurai, and have been thinking about re-starting, was torn between a Valk and a Monk, you two might have just tipped the balance. *sigh* Monastary, here we come again!
Old 12-07-2001, 02:59 PM   #7
yoodaa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Merkin:
Thanks for the tips on Monks, guys, I've been really unhappy with my Samurai, and have been thinking about re-starting, was torn between a Valk and a Monk, you two might have just tipped the balance. *sigh* Monastary, here we come again!

You can always delete just your samurai and come in with a lvl 1 monk. The levels will be coming pretty fast, so the monk will be only a few levels behind in no time at all.
Old 12-07-2001, 03:07 PM   #8
MaskedFrog
Drow Warrior

I love my ninja. I do not have a monk so I cannot compare them. When leveling up the ninja I put a few points in Str and the rest in Spd and Dex. For skills I put three in Martial Arts, Critical Strike, and Stealth. At level 9 I am getting 2 kicks with 2 swings and 1 punch with 2 swings. The damage is a little low at about 8 to 10 but I am getting a critical hit every other combat. I expect it will only get better from here.
MaskedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 03:21 PM   #9
ninja6o4
Welcomed New User

How do you delete a character and add a new lvl 1 character to your current party?

maybe I should have read the manual...
ninja6o4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 05:29 AM   #10
nonamefits
Welcomed New User

FYI:
You can change your charater by clickin on this name in the character screen. There should then be a "replace" button somwhere in the bottom of the next screen. (here you can also edit the name and the voice)
nonamefits is offline   Reply With Quote