Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 05-17-2001, 04:50 AM   #1
Simon
The Magister

I have a few questions that you knowledgable folk may be able to help me with.
1. I dumped Nalia for H. Dalis, was that a good idea? Or should I dump them both for the Paladin guy I met in the sewer?
2. Where in the sewer is the 2 handed sword +3?
3. Ive got the hand and the lovers ring, what are the other keys and where are they??
4. I have been sent on a mission to destroy the cult of the eyeless and I get down in to the lower reaches of the sewer and answer the questions at the busted bridge only to be annihilated by three lightning spiting green blobs!!! How am I ment to beat them or should I wait until I am more powerful??
Thanks people

------------------
Mr Alveranga
Old 05-17-2001, 04:56 AM   #2
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Simon:
1. I dumped Nalia for H. Dalis, was that a good idea? Or should I dump them both for the Paladin guy I met in the sewer?
3. Ive got the hand and the lovers ring, what are the other keys and where are they??
4. I have been sent on a mission to destroy the cult of the eyeless and I get down in to the lower reaches of the sewer and answer the questions at the busted bridge only to be annihilated by three lightning spiting green blobs!!! How am I ment to beat them or should I wait until I am more powerful??
Thanks people

Spoiler
1. The paladin guy in the sewer is Keldorn and he is a very good character Nalia is pretty poor but ok if you don't have another mage. Don't know about HD never used him.

2. see three

3. You have to kill the pet carrion crawler for its blood and then put then on the pipes in the correct order to get Lilacor the sword you seek.

4. is a toughie, you need to be reasonable powerful before attempting this quest, it gets worse a bit later

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 05-17-2001, 04:58 AM   #3
BlackAssassin
Zhentarim Guard

3. The others are the vial of carrion blood, kill the carrion crawler next to the prophet guy and the staff of the witch doctor, get it by killing the kobolds at the top end of the main sewer tunnel. put them in the right order at the pipe room for lilarcor ( that +3 two handed sword of yours ). those "green blobs" are beholders. try using spell deflection or cloak of mirrors to reflect their attacks back on them to kill them.

------------------
ShadowMaster of the Theives of Darkness. I'm also an ice cream man!
Old 05-17-2001, 07:08 AM   #4
Simon
The Magister

Thanks alot guys thats really helpful, but where do I find the cloak of mirrors? Also is there really a weapon +90 ?? I read somewhere that there is.
Old 05-17-2001, 07:20 AM   #5
Bristowe
Elminster

Spoiler-

-
-
-
-
-
-
--

The cloak of mirrors is found later in the game in the Sahuagin City

And no, there is no +90 weapon...

------------------
Bristowe, Master Assassin

MA
BScI
DiPE
DiAA
DL

Yes indeed...
Old 05-17-2001, 12:04 PM   #6
Melusine
Dracolisk

I think you are referring to the sword that Arkanis Gath is carrying when in invincible mode. Yes, it is in the game, but the only way you can obtain it is by cheat codes. And it isn't much fun, as this sword makes you virtually immune to everything, sets your AC and THAC0 to some ridiculous amount like -99 and does unbelievable amounts of damage, in short leaving you no challenge or gaming fun whatsoever.

------------------
Melusine, Archbabe of the Order of the Holy Flame and the Laughing Hyenas, &
Official Entertainer Elf of the BG2 Bar

Your voice is ambrosia
Old 05-17-2001, 01:27 PM   #7
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Thanks people

I wouldnt sweat the green blobs too much,,,, you need crushing weapons like slings and hammers to hit them... or fists if you have a monk.

i didnt like ole hairy dealis too much but hes a decent spellcaster but not better than Nalia.

To answer Q#2 you have to kill the cobald shaman to the top right of the screen as you cross the sewer line after you get the hand out of the manhole after you kill the Otyug. just head southeast from where you got the hand. there will be a door lying across the sewer that you have to cross (ITS TRAPPED search for and disaram the trap). Put half your party on one side of the water and half on the other. now go NorthEAst and youll come to the cobalds. they tell you to leave. say you will. Get in posistion and WHACK EM. A Shaman has a staff youll need to get the sword. then head southwest again and get back to the door you crossed. Turn southeast and soon youll find and old man with a carrion crawler next to him talk to him and then kill the carrion crawler. Get the BLOOD from the carrion crawler. now leave his little area and go northeast till you come to the room. Touch each pipe and it will give you a clue. after you get all four clues touch the pipes in this order (topmost being #1) 3,1,2,4. youll lose all 4 items but you get a pretty nice little sword

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!
Old 05-17-2001, 01:35 PM   #8
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Thanks people

I wouldnt sweat the green blobs too much,,,, you need crushing weapons like slings and hammers to hit them... or fists if you have a monk.

i didnt like ole hairy dealis too much but hes a decent spellcaster but not better than Nalia.

To answer Q#2 you have to kill the cobald shaman to the top right of the screen as you cross the sewer line after you get the hand out of the manhole after you kill the Otyug. just head southeast from where you got the hand. there will be a door lying across the sewer that you have to cross (ITS TRAPPED search for and disaram the trap). Put half your party on one side of the water and half on the other. now go NorthEAst and youll come to the cobalds. they tell you to leave. say you will. Get in posistion and WHACK EM. A Shaman has a staff youll need to get the sword. then head southwest again and get back to the door you crossed. Turn southeast and soon youll find and old man with a carrion crawler next to him talk to him and then kill the carrion crawler. Get the BLOOD from the carrion crawler. now leave his little area and go northeast till you come to the room. Touch each pipe and it will give you a clue. after you get all four clues touch the pipes in this order (topmost being #1) 3,1,2,4. youll lose all 4 items but you get a pretty nice little sword.
My advise for answering the questions on the Cult Quest is to save on the veranda. that way if you get the answers wrong you can start over again right there. i think (could be wrong) that the answers are Death, Life, and the first for it is mine alone to choose. once you get them right summon some animals and fire elementals before crossing to the other side. There are Beholders on the other side that smoke ya if you try to handle it alone... especially if youre not a very high lvl.

Good luck

------------------
IS THE PIZZA HERE YET????
WANNA PASS ME A BEER??? THANKS!!!!!!