Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-20-2001, 03:36 PM   #1
Jordi
Dungeon Master

I can't seem to use either (am or cloak) when I already have enchanted armor on for any character. My PC has Gift og the night +5 leather armor and i can not add teh amulet of protection.

i can't add the cloak to aerie in her traveler's robe. Why?

it is annoying.
Old 11-20-2001, 03:38 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I think because you have magic armour on the game will not allow you to add a cloak or Amm. I think you can have rings though I am not to sure though.
Old 11-20-2001, 03:43 PM   #3
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

nope no rings either, as per AD&D rules the bonuses don't stack, however in PnP you get to use the larger bonus (ie full plate +1 and a ring of prot +3, would = -2 AC it ignores the lesser bonus of the full plate)
Old 11-20-2001, 03:43 PM   #4
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

If you have magical armor on, you cannot add either a ring of protection, cloak, or amulet. If you have one of the above on, you cannot equip more than one.

robe + ring of prot. okay.
robe + ring + cloak No.
etc..
Old 11-20-2001, 06:48 PM   #5
Tokain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I find it's better to wear normal armor so I can still use the magic rings, amulets, etc. for their saving throw bonuses. Except for my thief, nothing beats shadow dragon armor and the ring of gaxx. [img]smile.gif[/img] In PnP deosn't magic armor supposed to improve saving throws too?
Old 11-20-2001, 08:27 PM   #6
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

in PNP, if you wear a suit of magical armor, and a ring,cloak, or amulet of protection, you only get the saving throw bonus from the ring, cloak or amulet, (i think)......then again, i could be wrong. ill have to dig out my damn books and look it up.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Old 11-20-2001, 09:47 PM   #7
JackOfClubs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cloak of the sewers (+1 AC) can be worn with magic armor. Ring of Gaxx (+2) and Ring of Earth Control (+1) can too. Several helmets reduce AC and I think one or two swords. Regular Full Plate is better AC than most magic Plate Mails, so this is a good option as well (as someone mentioned above).
Old 11-21-2001, 12:55 AM   #8
LennonCook
Jack Burton

The rule in bg2 is quite simple- Alot of things which improve ur armoour class (eg. ring of protevtion +2) cannot be worn with magical armour. The red dragon scale is not consdiered magical, so u can where anything with it. Also, u cant equip anything mAC improving with Anythign else AC improving.
There are ofcourse some exceptions to this rule.
Old 11-21-2001, 03:32 AM   #9
Whailor

In any case, the thing you are facing is the old and pesky and archaic rules of AD&D or whatever. Someone who cooked up these rules thought that he's "cool" when he adds such stupid rules. Have to say that the 2nd edition ones are better then 1st, but still are bad. I just hope that the 3rd edition ones (beats me what they have, I definately aint going to waste money on the plain ole rule book) are better and get rid of many such nonsense.

Now, if you are some Rogue class, then it's tricky. Some items you can put on which will lower your AC even when magic armor is on. Ring of Earth (or what the name was) is one of such lovely rings which does work even when you have magic armor on. Cloak of the Sewers is another such good thingie. As a thief class (if you are such) there isn't really much anything you can wear on the head. You can get though some decent leather armor, once you do a quest related to the village in the need of help. It's tad harder to aquire the "parts" for the armor, as it isn't exactly a shopping run, but it's doable [img]smile.gif[/img]