Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-01-2001, 03:10 PM   #1
Montravant
Manshoon

In Nalia's keep there is a room full of golems. I tried everything to get the items in the statues but failed . Can someone tell me wat to do to kill them?

P.S
I also tried to hide in the shadows but, wen my thief gets the items he always leaves the shadows and wen i try to get him back in the shadows he fails to hide *sad*.
Old 10-01-2001, 03:18 PM   #2
demus
Manshoon

Ok, there are a number of ways of doing this. The most often used one id to actually force attack each of the golems in turn, so you only have one to deal with at one time. The second is to cast sanctuary on a character and just walk over to the statues and grab all of the stuff. Also, Hide in shadows can work. Try this: Walk up to one of the tatues and 'open' it. Now, pause the game and buck up the desired item, before licking on your character again and pressing the hide button. Result: item stolen from one statue, and one hidden thief who can leisurelly leave the room . Hope this help you out a bit, there are other strategies etc., but the first one is, IMHO, the easiest and probably safest.

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin and Undead Hunter of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 10-01-2001, 03:20 PM   #3
Mirac Honorguard
Red Wizard of Thay

The stone golems can be affected by all +1 weapons (or higher) and normal blunt weapons, the clay golems can only be killed by blunt weapons (get the hammer of giant kin (middle statue holds it)whipe their ass) you'll need a +4 weapon to beat the Iron golem or a blunt weapon (like the hammer of giant kin). When your a mage use a few lower resistance spells on them, then finger of death the bastards (got to be at a high level though to cast these spells) A thief can never hide in the shadows when the enemy has you in his sight.

------------------
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/mirac
I'd be Mirac, mighty mage of er... uhm.. er.. - Mirac Honorguard
Fellow Table Dancer of the Jerome's Table dancer group
Spell formulater of the IW peace-keeping force
Old 10-01-2001, 03:23 PM   #4
demus
Manshoon

Uh, Mirac, not to be picky or anything , but Iron Golems can be hit by +2 weapons I think (or is it +3) anyway, its not +4

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin and Undead Hunter of the Order of the Holy Flame

[This message has been edited by demus (edited 10-01-2001).]
Old 10-01-2001, 03:40 PM   #5
Montravant
Manshoon

Ty for all ur help. *smiles*

------------------
The Key To Imortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering

-Montravant

[This message has been edited by Montravant (edited 10-01-2001).]
Old 10-01-2001, 04:03 PM   #6
Lin Sivvi the Paladin
Dungeon Master

Use Crom Faeyr, or any other good mace to fight them. Or as the others have said, force attact (talk and attack).
Or...
Cast Protection from Evil on one character and throw in a Pit Fiend (which will make short work of the golems or any tough monsters)
Old 10-01-2001, 06:17 PM   #7
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Hmm I think if you can summon a pit fiend or have the crom faeyr this fight can be done in your sleep. I gotta assume the poster is not at that stage yet hehe.

The real problem is the iron golem. THe rest should be no problem to kill 1 by 1. There actually is some nice weapons in the chests that you can use against these golems. There is a +3 axe I think in one of them that will help. Another thing I like to do is use the ring of earth control and take control of one of the other golems and use that on the iron golem as well. Melfs minute meteors work on the iron golem also. Lower resistance and spells is good too.
Old 10-01-2001, 06:24 PM   #8
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I had to come back and finish this room later than the rest of the keep. The way I did it was pretty easy though. I used The Ring of Golem Control to charm the Iron Golem. I had him kill the others one by one, and after he finished, he was weakened enough for me to finish off easily!

------------------
An elevator smells different to a dwarf.

[This message has been edited by Ronn_Bman (edited 10-01-2001).]