Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 12-22-2000, 10:40 AM   #1
Wessie

So I am in the planer sphere and fireball Lavok. He falls down and says he is near death. I pommel him for minutes with everything I have and he never dies. If I leave the room and come back, he is still laying there and uninjured. Pommel again, but never gets further than near death. I then resorted to using the ctrl + y cheat to kill him, just to see if I could. He takes repeated hits of 1149 and never gets beyond near death. Bug? I am running BG2 in Win2000Pro. I know it is not the most stable of platforms for it. Any suggestions? I assume I can warp out using the cheat, but would like to solve the problem first> I assume that he carries something to release me from the sphere.

Old 12-22-2000, 10:51 AM   #2
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Has the dialogue been initiated? I couldn't kill Bodhi or Lassal without the required dialogue initiating first, no matter how many hits they took while close to death.
Old 12-22-2000, 10:57 AM   #3
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Sorry mate, it's late. You said "he says he is near death" so of course dialogue has been initiated.

Spoiler
Lavok finally dies when you complete the demon heart quest for him. After you have done all that he asks, he will ask to be taken outside (teleport) where he will then pass away and give you a 'special something' if you're a mage.
Old 12-22-2000, 11:25 AM   #4
Wessie

Ahhh, maybe that is what happened. I was getting massacred everytime I entered the room, so before entering, I peppered him with a few fireballs to weaken him. Maybe I did too good of a job. Since he won't respond, I think I may have to cheat my way out of the sphere. Unfortunately my last saves are all from within the sphere and after the Lavok incident.

Old 12-22-2000, 11:29 AM   #5
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Did you find the demon heart and put it in the engine room? Try doing that and then try talking to him again. I'm trying not to spoil here, but don't give up just yet if you haven't completed the quest.
Old 12-22-2000, 02:47 PM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I concur with Yorick, sometimes the game won't allow you to sabotage yourself!!!! If that doesn't work, then you may have to cheat out. Check the "map room" to see where it says you are, if you're in Hell, then the demon heart is all you should need to reset to what is supposed to happen.
Old 12-22-2000, 02:47 PM   #7
Wessie

Yes, I discovered this recently and have made my escape from the sphere. I did try one last time to talk or kill Lavok, but to no avail. He has nothing to say and still won't die. Maybe I'll return later in the game. Thanks for everyone's help!