Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 12-08-2001, 05:31 AM   #1
loewi24
Welcomed New User

Hi all, I'm pretty new to the wizardry series and after playing the lower monastry and part of the upper monastry I am wondering whether this game is just about fighting creatures or whether there ist a (hopefully) intense plot and a story to follow?

From the official wizardry website I just learned how many spells and stuff you can get, but how about NPc interaction, quests and so on??

thanks in advance
loewi24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 05:57 AM   #2
Demosthenes
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The game has a very involved non-linear plotline. You can do most of the tasks in a number of ways and at a number of times. However, there is LOTS of fighting.
Demosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 10:36 AM   #3
Syrin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This game is nowhere near being about just fighting. The plot is very deep, but the early phases of the game are about combat so you can get tough enough to survive the higher level areas where you find your plot. I am constantly amazed at how characters in different cities react differently to me after I have performed some action. Plus it's never that they somehow have omnipotence and just know I did something. They say, I ran into a T'Rang friend of mine who told me you just... etc. I was even blackmailed to keep an NPC quiet! This game rocks
Old 12-08-2001, 11:48 AM   #4
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Just fighting?

LOL! Hardly! Wiz8 has ALOT of quests to do... it's an incredible game. [img]smile.gif[/img]
And the NPCs... let me tell ya they're something else! They have some great personalities (my favorite by far has been Myles)!