Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2002, 11:50 AM   #1
Skog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Any idea where the last Tome is in the pyramid of Cet? I am at the point of the Isis portal and have yet to find it in any of the chests. I read one post that it was in the treasure room behind the golden door. Are these books placed randomly within the various dundeons? If so, could it be beyond the Isis portal? I have also used Spirit Eye to make sure I haven't missed any treasures.

I have already got my lead character to Valkyrie and would like to get my monk to Zenmaster.

Skogkongen
Skog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 01:11 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Check here:
http://www.volberding.com/WHints/index.html

Xignal will have it listed and with a map so you can find it!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 01:43 PM   #3
Skog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the suggestion, M'lady, but unfortunately I searched all the helpful information on the site to no avail. I guess I am destined to remain a monk. Maybe in my next incarnation, I will have better success. I already missed the assassin role by retiring that little rattling before he had a change to propose the job.

Skog
Old 03-05-2002, 02:06 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Well that's not acceptable!

Hang on - I'll try to locate the answer (you'd think I would just KNOW, wouldn't you?? )

Wyv
Old 03-05-2002, 02:30 PM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Still looking - but

I think that tome is to be found in the chest up on the upper ledge in what Xignal marks as room D (Flask shaped room). I think! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Wyv
Old 03-05-2002, 02:43 PM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

FOUND IT!!!!!!!

http://www.volberding.com/WHints/tophints.htm#8

"in a chest in a small room that opens at the same time as the collapsing wall near the bloodstained hallway."

(now if I only knew where the bloodstained hallway was! )

Hope that helps!!!

Wyv
Old 03-05-2002, 03:22 PM   #7
Skog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I wish I could say the same, but being at work precludes the opportunity to look for it at this moment.

If the "collapsing walls" are the same as squishing walls found just south and east of romm "N", then I have been there. unless I missed another secret room. Also, if you head south from room "P" the floor will deposit you down one level, but I didn't find any chest there. There was also that hall that the ceiling would bop you on the head, but it seems like I have done all that.

I had been carefully looking for that tome, but do you think I could have attempted to put it into one of my over stuff gluttons, who when my back was turned secretly placed it on the floor hoping I would not notice and it is now lost forever?

Skogkongen
Old 03-05-2002, 03:36 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Skog - if that is what you've done then the solution is EASY! well sorta

Do check tonight and see if you missed it somehow. If not - then email me a ZIPped copy of your gamexx.sav and I can hack you the tome. It's the emailing it back that take forever!

Wyv
Old 03-06-2002, 02:39 PM   #9
Skog
Elite Waterdeep Guard

M'lady, thanks for the offer about hacking the tome into the game. Last night after I roused the group up and layed it out on the line, we decided to go back over every square inch. Then hidden in a little alcove before you get to room "E", I found and unopened chest. Now Kjela swears by the word of Odin that it was not there before. But anyways, lo it contained the missing tome. I can only think of three possibilities:
1)The tomes are hidden in the last chest to be opened.
2)Kjela was practicing her pickpocketing skills and lifted it from Umzara, the monk who is the holder of the other tomes.
3)Washiko, the sneaky little thief found it in some other chest and then realizing the value and importance thought about selling it on the side and when that failed, was afraid to be caught with it and hid it in a previously opened chest.
No one will confess, and I do not want to create ill feeling amonst the group.

Thanks for the help.

Skogkongen The Forest King is back in his realm