Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 09-02-2004, 02:20 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Okay - we know Dungeon Lords is not a sequel to W&W. That's alright. It looks like DL will have enough similiarities to keep W&W fans happy.

So ...... what from W&W do you hope to see in DL??

I hope that DLs will prove to be as flexible a game as W&W. Beyond that wish, I would like to see Sebastio as one (or many) of the monsters so that I'm free to finally have vengence. lol!!!!
Old 09-02-2004, 03:01 PM   #2
jsalsb
Elminster

I'd love to see some of our old W&W favourites hidden around the DL world as little inside jokes or nods to the loyal DWB fan base. Yes, revenge upon Sebastio would be grand! Or Scabban, yes, yes, YES!

I'm SURE that DL will have the same depth of story and quirky humour that makes all of DWB's games so much fun to play.

If I had to pick something however, I'd like to see two (quasi-) foods show up: Rat Pies, and Thermal Pineapples.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:42 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'd like to see class conversion be less difficult than in Wiz8. Perhaps not quite so friendly as W&W, where you always start over at level 1, but not so that you're now a 14th level warlock who can cast only one first level spell. [img]smile.gif[/img]

A use for the rat skull would be neat... I got two of 'em this game (one found, and one bought from... Rethpian, I think).

Something similar to doing the Rumphy for low-level characters to build up XP would be cool, too.

And if there's only one thing I can have, let it be arbitrage... [img]graemlins/twocents.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 11:29 PM   #4
aleph_null1
Red Wizard of Thay

The rat skulls would be awesome -- I've got one from the guy & one from the crypt asylum now...

Also, I love Assassins (the super ninjas of W&W) and a similar completely killer warrior class would be awesome, to be sure.
aleph_null1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 02:27 AM   #5
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

wasn't dungeon lords supposed to come out yesterday???

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 11:57 AM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Dungeon Lords is targeted for Q4 of 2004... that typically doesn't start (officially) until October 1. However, from a software development perspective, it also means that if it gets done by December 31, it still meets the target.

And if it takes until December 37 or December 38, so be it...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:31 PM   #7
jsalsb
Elminster

I'm still sure I saw posted *somewhere* that the demo was due out Sept 1. It's already been circulated for review, so I know it's ready...
Old 09-03-2004, 12:42 PM   #8
jsalsb
Elminster

Also what I'd like to see in DL: I know DWB says he rebuilt the engine from scratch for this game, but I hope it continues to build on the W&W engine. The latter was a semi-successful attempt to merge turn-based and real-time action combat. It is very innovative (or was in 1999) but still had some bugs in it; like how it handled different ranged groups of monsters vis a vis initiative and turns. All in all it was great however. I LOVE the fact that in W&W you aren't pinned down to the spot you're standing once combat initiates. That means you can run and even dodge spells and arrows in real time, that you can't do in very many turn-based games (I know they like to call them 'phased-combat' now, but I find those just weasel words!).

I hope DL has a new leap forward in how combat dynamics are handled. From what I read to-date, it seems like that's just what we're likely to get. VERY exciting!!
Old 09-03-2004, 02:51 PM   #9
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by jsalsb:
I'm still sure I saw posted *somewhere* that the demo was due out Sept 1. It's already been circulated for review, so I know it's ready...
Yeah after hearing about it hear, I checked it out on gamespot.com and it said september 1

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 03:23 PM   #10
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I read somewhere else that DreamCatcher said that the demo would be delayed but still might be released in September.

Don't hold your breath.
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote