Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-07-2005, 02:25 PM   #11
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Thanks, guys and gals [img]smile.gif[/img] He heads out in a couple of hours, so we'll see what the scoop is on the little guy later tonight. Got a fresh poop sample to go in with him already... fortunately (for me )it was my wife who took him out when he laid that one

Heckuva lunch hour, though. Had lunch at my daughter's school, played catch with her for a bit, and came home to find order paperwork for three customers sitting on the fax machine. One of the most profitable lunches I've taken in a while, to be sure...

But Johnny... too tired for beer? I think someone else is due for a trip to the vet... or doctor... or whatever
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2005, 06:03 PM   #12
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Good afternoon. Hey, a new Cafe. *sits down and orders his usual.*
Old 06-08-2005, 03:45 PM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Almost time for me to leave work and I hope my internet connection is fixed. We had trouble with it this morning.

Hubby is at a followup job interview and I'm hoping there'll be some good news.
Old 06-08-2005, 04:14 PM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Pepper came back from the vet, and things look pretty good. He's got roundworms (and appropriate medication to handle them), and needs more food, so we're giving him another meal. So far, he hasn't complained Only downside is we've really got to clean up the poop regularly while this is being taken care of... got it down to a science, I do

On the down side, a light that I installed a couple of months ago has misbehaved. It's a fluorescent light, and the lights weren't coming on. I thought it was the bulbs, but replacement bulbs haven't done anything to help Now I get to take it down again to see if there's something wrong with it... or call my buddy the electrician to figure it out.

And we've also got a sprinkler guy working on our sprinklers (that don't work). He thinks it has a clogged tube... he should be back to finish it up shortly, I hope. Amazing how stuff suddenly starts breaking...

And to top it off, I didn't get a chance to get any gaming in last night! That makes me cranky... [img]graemlins/madhell.gif[/img] .... I'll have to correct that oversight tonight.

*leans back in the comfortable chair with the perpetual bag of M&Ms...*

Think I'll sit here for a while to contemplate life first, though...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 04:22 PM   #15
TiliaLyn
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Pepper came back from the vet, and things look pretty good. He's got roundworms (and appropriate medication to handle them), and needs more food, so we're giving him another meal. So far, he hasn't complained Only downside is we've really got to clean up the poop regularly while this is being taken care of... got it down to a science, I do
Glad to hear it wasn't the worms of the heart variety. I know about the round worm clean up. Imagine having to do that when you're dog's had a litter of 9!!! That's a LOT of crap to deal with.

Be well,
Tilia
TiliaLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 05:02 PM   #16
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Hey all [img]smile.gif[/img]

Glad your dog is alright Bungleau, and it's not heart worms [img]smile.gif[/img]

I hope you get some good news about your husbands interview Cloudy.

Left the Blizzard Downloader on while I went to play football tonight, took 5 and a half hours to complete (4pm - 9:30pm), and there isn't enough room on the 10gb partition to do it, so I'm downloading Partition Magic and hoping I can work out how to use it, and then I guess I'll set the patch off overnight *sigh*

It was the worst patch I've downloaded from Blizzard. It kept complaining the firewall was blocking it, even though I allowed all the ports it says on the Blizzard website, and then in the end I turned it off and it still complained. It was around 8kb/s or whatever it says, and it usually runs at 20kb/s. (If that sounds wrong it probably is, it's just I remember it said something like that.)

The patch has failed as I type this post, so I'll have to re-un-partition this, download the patch, install the patch, pray it works and hope my dad doesn't find out.

All in all I'm pretty exhausted, but it looks like I'll be up for another hour at least.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:58 PM   #17
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Sorry to hear about your dog Bungleau! Oh and don't feel bad, we had to have our basement pipes snaked last week where the laundry sink is. Apparently it was clogged from food and stuff from the kitchen sink, even though I have an excellent disposal. Ah well, guess I just won't use it now (the disposal). Maybe now and then but not all the time. Will just use a drain, bleh. Oh and the AC in my car makes noises so I don't want to use it, and only two windows go down now in my car LOL, so it's quite the fun time in traffic on the way home from work in the humid heat. Cept not LOL! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ivellis, if you turned your firewall completely off and it still complained, then maybe something is wrong with the file? Either way hope you are able to get it with your next shot at it, whatever it is LOL! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-08-2005, 06:00 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 06:02 PM   #18
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Partition magic won't work (see the other thread). Just waiting patiently for Ross to come back from Away on MSN so I can bug him to help me [img]tongue.gif[/img]

And I have school tomorrow, and it looks like I'm getting 6 hours sleep - it's not enough at all.

Ah well, it has to be done for this stupid hard drive to work.

The file downloaded fine in the end LadyZ, but I never had enough room to install onto my HD because of the partition problems, so that 5 hour download went to a waste.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:27 PM   #19
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Uggggg, sorry to hear that Ivelliis. Has to suck with the wasted time. I've been there too, but it was when I had dialup and tried to download demos, finally started doing it overnight while I slept LOL, so at least if it failed I didn't feel like any time of mine was wasted and it didn't hurt quite so bad LOL.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 07:13 PM   #20
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Good afternoon. My father-in-law has a garage sale this weekend, and I don't have to help. Let's hear it for my negotiating skills. [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]