Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-06-2001, 02:23 AM   #1
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Vironica the elven sorceress (solo hee hee) escaped from Irenicus's dungeon practically unscathed, but a little weary. So an inn was in order. To the Den of Seven Vales she went. While exploring the inn, she encountered a dwarf named Mencar Pebblecrusher and his companions. Well they insulted her. Just as she was about to leave she changed her mind and cast Greater Malison on Mencar, nothing happened, everyone just stood around. Next she used a scroll she picked up in the dungeon Dire charm on Mencar. Bloop!!! He was charmed. Then the charmed Mencar attacked the thief Brennan Riesling, and then the rest of the party got mad and started attacking Mencar. Meanwhile Vironica cast blind on Smaeluv Orcslicer and Bloop!!! he was blind and just stood there doing nothing. While Mencar and Bennan were fighting it out Vironica turned her attention to the wizard and his familiar. A few magic missles and melf's meteors later they were dead. Then Vironica cast blind on Brennen but before she did Mencar exploded, apparently Brennen had scored a critical hit on Mencar. So now there were two blind and helpless bad guys left, time to step back and cast a few skull traps. Everyone died!!!! Now its time for Vironica to get some well deserved sleep.
Old 11-06-2001, 03:27 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

How come they did not attack you as you cast Greater Malison? Did you drink an Invisibility Potion or something?

And no, I do not think it is cheesy, but rather, good usage of spells.

You want cheesy? When you go up the stairs, stay out of the Dwarf's sight and lay Skull Traps galore, go down and recharge as necessary, then show him the finger or something and waggle your tongue as the gazillion Skull Traps explode in their faces. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-06-2001, 06:30 AM   #3
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

The reason I thought that this might be cheesy was that I attacked them after I said that I was leaving and they were still neutral. I did have stoneskin and mirror image cast on myself beforehand.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:40 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

what items are you using?
what is your level?

several things

Greater Malison doesnt work on neutral charatcers, so I dont understand why you casted that

also, the situation should be like four on 2 (you and the dwarf) did they all go after the dwarf?

and your saving throw got you out of the trouble all the time?
Old 11-06-2001, 06:45 AM   #5
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Maybe the Greater Malison didn't work and I got lucky that the Dire charm worked. I was only a level 9 sorcerer at the time.
Old 11-06-2001, 06:53 AM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

items?
Old 11-06-2001, 07:16 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Ah, I see.

It is true though, Greater Malison does not work on Neutral targets, but then Mebble and his gang have low saving throws.

I still do not think it is cheesy though, from a roleplaying perspective, you just described what went on. You wanted to leave at first, but changed your mind.

Alternatively, the scenerio could be changed to that you wanted to deceive them into a false sense of security and gain a surprise advantage.
Old 11-06-2001, 07:17 AM   #8
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

The only items I had was what I took out of Irenicus's dungeon:

Bracers AC 8
Ring of protection +1
All of the wands. Wait a second!! Thats right I did use the wand of monster summoning to distract the bad guys, I knew I forgot something!!!
Old 11-06-2001, 09:00 AM   #9
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

I don't think it was cheesy at all. Good strategy. I usually cast two webs into the room. They have pathetic saving throws, because 9 out of 10 times everyone is stuck. A few fireballs, acid arrows, and magic missiles.
Old 11-06-2001, 09:04 AM   #10
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

Here's a quick question, can lower resistance be cast on a neutral?