Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2001, 12:36 AM   #1
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

1) I haven't played Viconia, can't help you here.
2) You have talked to the father. What path did you choose? Did you choose to revenge your sister? If you did, then you must go to the bridge building and kill some people, otherwise if you chose the good path, then you need to go to the government building, and talk to someone there. After a while, someone will come up to you. It will take two weeks or something.
Old 02-25-2001, 01:20 AM   #2
White Knight
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have a couple of questions for the experienced BGII players out there...

1) First, what are the penalties for adding Viconia to your party? I lose 2 pts of rep, but what else? I have a NG fighter as the main character...does it affect my abilities in any way? How about other good members of the party, like Minsc, or Ariel, or Nalia, or Imoen? The reason I ask is that I would like a straight up cleric in the party, but Anomen is driving me nuts...he has possibly the most irritating personality of any NPC in the game since in BG1 when Xan(?) kept saying ("Our quest is vain!"). Plus Viconia is hot... Actually, Ariel was cute for a while, but I am getting sick of her whiny little voice and her graphic descriptions of her former torture. I don't have to be good or evil, right? I can play something in between? After all, Jaheira (my fav NPC, one who WILL stay in the group until the bitter end, especially since we've started a romance...) is always talking about maintaining the balance...maybe I should've started with a neutral character to begin with...I DO have a good streak, tho...will Viconia rebel if I keep performing good acts?

Here's the party I was thinking about...Michael (Me) NG Fighter, Minsc(+Boo!), Jaheira, Viconia, Nalia, and Imoen...Comments?

2) If I do keep Anomen in the party, where is the Radiant Heart quest? We talked to his father already (another reason why I want him gone...I don't need that kind of stress in my life), and I talked him out of doing anything without proof of guilt, but now what?
Old 02-25-2001, 01:30 AM   #3
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

1) Your party menbers will argue, and if you reach 18+ repution, she will leave. othrer then this, the only thing i noticed was a few villagers don't like her.

2) I think you just need to wait awhile and some one will aproach you, Or (if you havn't already) go to the Hearts building.
Old 02-25-2001, 03:51 PM   #4
masteraleph
Elminster

Spoilers:

As far as I know, there are no other problems from picking up Viconia. However, from what I've heard (haven't done this) you'll have problems if you have Keldorn in your party. Also, keep your rep below 18 or else she'll leave.

Assuming you didn't kill the guy and chose the other path, a knight'll approach you sooner or later.
Old 02-25-2001, 04:28 PM   #5
Dramnek_Ulk

viconia and keldorn will start fighting after a few days and end up with you haveing to kill keldorn or let him go. i you chose the leave the bloke alone bit theres no proof with anomen he will eventully becom a knight and be happy, if not he will not be allowed tro be a knight a be unhappy.Anomen and viconia argue with everyone.