Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker

Old 06-04-2001, 11:03 PM   #1
Arrowhawk
Dungeon Master

I was reviewing the screen shots from DC which were posted in July and September of last year. I have not been able to locate the art work used in these screen shots. For instance, where is the stairway graphic, or the slime-ridden dungeon walls or even the large block walls shown in the shots. We haven't been able to access these pieces and they have been around for almost a year.

I believe that DC's "data base approach" to editing and creating mosnters, items and magic spells and releasing the mod creator from the size restraints enforced by the original FRUA were a stroke of genius on the part DC's designers that will pay off big time with regard to flexibility and creativity. The improved graphics, sound effects and superior interface are the frosting on the cake. Readily accessible art work would really make this project take-off!

------------------
"Things should be made as simple as possible but not simpler."
Arrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 03:47 PM   #2
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

When I first started DC I used the art from UA. When I made DC a public application I was forced to find other art because of copyright issues. I don't have a problem with other people using UA artwork in DC, I just cannot distribute it in the installation package.

All of the wall art you see in the screenshots came from UA. I think I even have a section in the help file on how I converted them to DC format. On one of the UA fan sites there is a utility that reads the UA images files and exports every image to a seperate PCX file, and the Magic Mirror UA archive has numerous zip collections of UA wall/backdrops that can be converted to DC.

We have tried to be flexible in terms of item/monster/spell creation, and also for event/text/level limits. The spells are still being worked on so they spell dialogs will be radically different soon.

------------------
CocoaSpud
Dungeon Craft Development Team
http://uaf.sourceforge.net
CocoaSpud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 05:26 PM   #3
Arrowhawk
Dungeon Master

I will read the help message on converting UA art and try to convert my library over to DC as you suggest. Is there any software that would facilitate the conversion process that you can recoomend?

I meant what I said about the "stroke of genius" in expanding DC's capabilities. I am looking forward to taking the current version of DC (0.6941)as far as I can in actually completing a mod. I'll report any apparent bugs should I encounter any. Can the overland map be in jpeg format?

------------------
Old 06-08-2001, 05:05 AM   #4
dominions
Elminster

I've successfully used a JPEG image for the overland map...but it looked abysmal: my artwork sucks!

------------------
Hey! Like RPGs? See the DungeonCraft - RPG Game Maker on the Ironworks Gaming Forum
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 09:46 AM   #5
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Arrowhawk:
I was reviewing the screen shots from DC which were posted in July and September of last year. I have not been able to locate the art work used in these screen shots. For instance, where is the stairway graphic, or the slime-ridden dungeon walls or even the large block walls shown in the shots. We haven't been able to access these pieces and they have been around for almost a year.

I believe that DC's "data base approach" to editing and creating mosnters, items and magic spells and releasing the mod creator from the size restraints enforced by the original FRUA were a stroke of genius on the part DC's designers that will pay off big time with regard to flexibility and creativity. The improved graphics, sound effects and superior interface are the frosting on the cake. Readily accessible art work would really make this project take-off!
All that art I made for those screenshots will be up soon, I'm just working on a cgi script that will allow you to upload art, and it's taken more time than I thought.. A friend is doing most of the cgi programming because I don't know it well enough.. I stick to Art!

Keep checking the DC site, the artwork Library opens soon!!!

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks
Old 06-10-2001, 03:13 PM   #6
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

The supported image formats are BMP, PCX, TGA, JPG, and PNG.

There was a utility called EasyTex that let you load a texture and it would create a wall file for you. It has a problem rendering close up walls now, and the author is unavailable for fixing it. It is still available for download if wish to try it:

http://dungeoncraft.dns2go.com/phalzyr/EasyWallTexz.exe

------------------
CocoaSpud
Dungeon Craft Development Team
http://uaf.sourceforge.net
CocoaSpud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 08:56 PM   #7
Arrowhawk
Dungeon Master

Thanks to both Coccoaspud and Ziroc for the info. I am looking forward to the art vault being available. I was asking about overland maps because I have both the Forgotten Realms Atlas and Pro-Fantasy's CC2 (version 6.0. Between the two products I can produce some accurate and attractive overland maps. I believe that I can save the maps in either BMP or JPEG formats and I was wondering about their compatibility with DC. Has anyone tried this before?

------------------