Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-07-2000, 07:35 PM   #1
Elara
The Magister

I did not sell it, but still checked all the stores. Just not there. And in every fight I always check the ground for stuff in case we got looted. *sob*

Course, my little gnome assassin was a long way from getting the 2nd Weapon skill but gee, this hurts!

Tried using an editor but even though I downloaded and installed the 6.0 MS Runtime files as required, the editor won't run. Am using Win98 SE. Any hope for us??

Elara
Old 11-08-2000, 01:58 AM   #2
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

I had the exact same experience. I got the assassin dagger, equiped it as second weapon, became an assassin, and it suddenly disappeared. Did not have double strike or 2nd weapon at that time. Maybe a thief stole it, which I missed, or there is a penalty for being an assassin too soon. You may be on to something...
Old 11-08-2000, 03:42 AM   #3
Astyanax12

The pawn shop guy TAKES the dagger when he makes you an assassin! Otherwise you could turn everyone into one.

Old 11-08-2000, 04:20 AM   #4
xenotoca

the shopkeepers may be the answer to several querys on missing items. When my priest was promoted to warlock the shopkeeper brought a lot of his gear. The text went by so fast I only just noticed 500 gold for priest robe flash by. My new warlock was standing there in his birthday suit totally unable to fight as his hands were covering his modesty. Lucky he was wearing the masque of death otherwise the other members of the party would have laughed at his red face.

Old 11-08-2000, 05:17 AM   #5
Astyanax12

That only happens if you get a promotion that forbids something your character is wearing/holding. Normally it just shifts into your inventory, but if there isn't enough room then the shop keeper automatically buys it. So always make sure you sell surplus gear before getting that promotion or you may lose something you really wanted to keep cos there's no guarantee you will be able to buy it back. When it happened to me one time I was forced to go back to a saved game or lose a really good item.