Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-07-2000, 03:58 AM   #1
blitz

Hey does any1 know how to be a zenmaster/ valkarie in the game?? And do most of u guys use enhanced graphics or normal graphics?? And how do u delte all your characters?? i can't delete a character with a special item. I wanted to restart the whole game. Btw, just being curious, is any1 dumb enough to scan the whole whopping 50 paged manual??? LOL I once left it in my friends house in London and he had to post it back to me with quite a shipping cost. Thanks.

Old 11-07-2000, 07:13 AM   #2
blitz

Alrright, i seem to know about the manual stuff and how to restart your game. But I still wanna know how to be a zenmaster or valkarie. I would also like to know is it better to use d3d or software mode of the graphics settings. (D3D = hardware accelaration?? is it not?)

Old 11-07-2000, 08:42 AM   #3
Silversword

1 - You can become a zenmaster or valkerye almost at the very end of the game;

2 - There is an electronic version of the manual on the distribution CD's

3 - I've tried both D3D and software render and find the software render more satisfactory. Software seems to be brighter and colours are better. D3D also appears to be very picky when you try to click on an object. You have to be exactly on the right pixel to get it to operate.

Old 11-07-2000, 09:03 AM   #4
blitz

ok. Now can any1 tell me wat class changes are possible to the four basic classes?? can u tell me wich class can get to promium and elite class and so on?? (including the Ultra clss) Thanks.

Old 11-08-2000, 12:13 AM   #5
Lily the Ranger

Okay, I am doing this by memory so forgive me if i whiffle. *Wishlist item - listing of what classes can ascend to what roles for those of us sadistic enough to read the manual*. Sounds like you are trying to pick classes for character and get maximum spectrum. So from memory here's what I found at Valeia:
Wizard: Bard, Warlock, Samuri (oh, ya, my pixie can really carry all that!)
Priest: Warlock, Paladin, Monk (the last seems uninteresting but I am banking on it being
the path to Zenmaster).
Warrior: Barbarian, Paladin, Ninja, Samuri, Ranger and maybe one other
Rogue (guild not at Valeia): Bard, Ninja and maybe one other.

As you can see picking a race and class with ascension possibilities bears a little thought. Pixies can't carry more than a tune. Gnomes and ratlings are a bit better but not much. Over burdening does slow you down in combat. Male and females get penalties too. I am waiting to find the Valkyrie, Assassin, and Zenmaster. I have heard rumors of vampires and boogres but I don't look ahead cause I want to be surprised. Luck!

Old 11-08-2000, 03:53 AM   #6
Astyanax12

Anyone can become almost anything. As you take on a new role you get access to new guilds and their roles. As far as I can see there are only a few limitations.
1. Only a female character can become a Valkyrie
2. Only one character can become an assassin (you need a special dagger and there is only one in the game)
3. You need to have pretty much completed the game before it is possible to become a Valkyrie or a Zen Master
4. No character can become a Priest/Rogue/Wizard/Warrior as a promotion.
5. You can't go back to a previous role, so save the best till last (Samurai seems to be the favourite)

I'm told that you need the four books (Earth/Wind/Fire/Water) to become a Zen master, dunno how you become a Valkyrie though.

Old 11-08-2000, 06:51 AM   #7
Regis
Welcomed New User

Addendum to 2 & 5

It is possible to have more than one Assassin by having the character that gets offered the Assassin membership give the Dagger of Assassins to another character before agreeing to join that Guild. After taking care of that character, you can then click on the next and he will get offered (pass Dagger/repeat as necessary). I currently have 2.

**Game Fluke - If your Assassin is carrying the Dagger when entering the Pawn Shoppe, they will be offered Assassin membership EVEN THOUGH THEY ARE ALREADY A MEMBER. I actually went through with this and agreed again and, sure enough, I had Assassin listed twice in my journal, one at the level I had acquired already and one fresh at level 1. I now make sure I give the Dagger to somebody else before entering town, just to be safe.