Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-07-2000, 04:59 PM   #1
Suul-Yinn

When my party visited Saerk's house, Anomen killed his daughter and then him in revenge. Now he has been refused entry into the Radiant Heart, turned Chaotic Neutral and attacked Aerie when she said he had changed! Is there anyway to persuade the Radiant Heart to give him a second chance? As my main character is female, I believe he is the only love interest available, annoying as he is. I have recruited Keldorn to replace him, but which other NPCs have interesting storylines? My party consists of myself, a female, elven mage/thief lvl 12/14 from BG1, Aerie, Jaheira, Nalia and I recently replaced Minsc(reluctantly), with Valygar as he seems to have a better story. Any suggestions will be welcome.

Old 11-07-2000, 05:37 PM   #2
Glorick the Half-Orc

Grab Korgan, he and Aerie have some "interesting" chats...

Old 11-07-2000, 08:39 PM   #3
Suul-Yinn

Thanks,
Had him for a while when I went to the graveyard and he was fun but I am playing a good party and I doubt Keldorn would be to happy. Maybe next time...

Old 11-07-2000, 08:39 PM   #4
The X
Dungeon Master

You might wanna try Viconia..... less you are not interested in witnessing a "the boy is mine" fight..hehehehehe.....
Old 11-07-2000, 08:50 PM   #5
Suul-Yinn

I thought that only happened if your main character was male, or does she pull any male NPC in the group?

Old 11-07-2000, 09:12 PM   #6
Armisael

You'll need to drop Anomen. Aerie isn't the only one he attacks, he'll pretty much go nuts at anyone. Anomen's a dickhead, so it's no great loss. Viconia is the best cleric out there, but she and Keldorn end up getting into a brawl. I'd give Keldorn the boot and grab Viconia, and I'd dump Nalia and get Minsc again. You really don't need Nalia, but you may find yourself short on fighters.

Old 11-08-2000, 02:24 AM   #7
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

If the mere idea of having sex with Anomen is enough to drive you to lesbianism, it's now possible (or so I've heard).

you need to have the cheat mode enabled. Enter the line debug mode=1 in your baldur.ini file and then use CTRL-SPACE to bring up the CLUAConsole bar. Enter the following:

CLUAConsole::SetGlobal("CharnameMatch","GLOBAL",1)

Replace Charname with the name of whichever of them you have the hots for. This will immediately initiate a romance thread with that person.

If you want to END a relationship without navigating any dialogs replace the 1 in the console command with a 0.

Umm...might be good to have a savegame handy first though just in case it stuffs up.
Old 11-08-2000, 07:00 AM   #8
Suul-Yinn

Thanks for the tips
I must admit I like having Valygar dual wielding his own katana and the Celestial Fury up front although I miss Minsc. I think I will drop Keldorn, despite his holy blade +5 and recall Minsc, drop Aerie for Viconia and keep Nalia as she can max as a Mage. Jaheira I may drop once the Harpers plot is finished for Cernd, when I meet him, or for any temp NPC. How does that sound? NB My character is an elven mage/thief (I know dual class is better but I transferred her from BG1 and anyhow backstabbing with Ironskin, Strength and the cloak of non-detection is so much fun...).

Old 11-08-2000, 07:33 AM   #9
Armisael

Sounds okay, except I'd definitely keep Jaheira over Cernd, who's not very interesting and only has one quest anyway. Also, if you're just looking for a mage, I'd take Edwin over Nalia any day, unless you've killed him / don't like having evil NPCs. As far as his plot goes: Edwin is, easily, the most interesting NPC in the game. He's bloody funny to have around, and he has the infamous Nether Scrolls quest, which is a scream. And, of course, he's the best mage in the game. He and Minsc may have a couple of tiffles, which may or may not result in pieces of Edwin flying every which way, but that isn't too hard to overcome (make Minsc your party leader or somesuch).

Old 11-08-2000, 07:22 PM   #10
Suul-Yinn

Thanks again, I will try Edwin next time with an evil party, as if he joined now he would be far to weak compared to the others.