Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2003, 04:29 AM   #1
Mr Creosote
The Magister

Now, thanks to Willow's help, that I have my game back up and running I fancy a change.
I havent played W&W for a while but last time hankered to play the game through as a Boogre.
I like to play Solo, so I am thinking of taking a Solo char, developing them in the first part of the game then when Boogered just leaving the char that way.
As I'm a bit rusty any ideas or thoughts on a pre-Boogre career progression?
Its gonna be hard not to make use of the Assassins dagger when I get it, but I hope I can resist the tempation!
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 01:57 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Boogrism is a trait, so a Boogre what? If you want to make it really challenging, start as a rogue. To complement your character, start as a warrior. To create amusing conflict, start as a wizard. To round it out, start as a cleric.

Race comes to mind as well. A boogrized pixie... interesting...

Then stay there if you can, just to make things fun. And consider avoiding levelling up so you can start at level 1 when you reset.

I know Willow favors the Boogres... something about them being cute and cuddly, I think [img]smile.gif[/img] I believe she's finished the game as a Boogre, but I don't know if anyone has run a complete game that way.

'twould be a worthy challenge, to be sure... let us know how you do [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 02:27 PM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Hmm no I haven't played an entire game as a boogre since, as it is a trait, you can't get it at the beginning. But the editor might help you out there. I assume you can add/remove traits with it? Might be worth checking it out. I'll have to try that. But I have played a single level 1 boogre starting from the boogre prison. Not the easiest game I can tell you. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 02:36 PM   #4
So So
Zhentarim Guard

Well, Willow IX is of course our all time Boogre expert...But as far as I know I would most definitely avoid playing as a Boogre mage.

As for me, I am currently playing a Boogre vampire, and it's a pretty difficult game seeing that the pirahnas have a very easy time killing me.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:59 PM   #5
Mr Creosote
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by WillowIX:
Hmm no I haven't played an entire game as a boogre since, as it is a trait, you can't get it at the beginning. But the editor might help you out there. I assume you can add/remove traits with it? Might be worth checking it out. I'll have to try that. But I have played a single level 1 boogre starting from the boogre prison. Not the easiest game I can tell you. [img]graemlins/blueblink.gif[/img]
The only editor I have is the one from Ironworks WWEDIT and that doesn't have Boogerism listed in it.
Is there another editor that I could use to start the game as a Boogre?
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 04:33 PM   #6
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Creosote:
The only editor I have is the one from Ironworks WWEDIT and that doesn't have Boogerism listed in it.
Is there another editor that I could use to start the game as a Boogre?
Hmm that's the only editor I know of. Perhaps Wyv can help us out? Otherwise the only idea I have is to create a party and kill your way to the boogre prison (ignoring all side quests!). Then create a portal outside the caves, go back to Valeia and create a new chracter. Add him/her to the party and return to the boogre prison. Fall into the trap, become boogreized and then reset the game! Perhaps the trait won't disappear. The only safe way would be to edit your game manually. Wyv? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Soso, I know! The piranhas become the most deadly enemies in the game. Even at ridiculous high levels they can still kill you in a heart beat. Gotta love boogres.
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 08:06 PM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

A much debated subject recently.

Here are one or two topics containing ideas. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2003, 05:18 AM   #8
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
Race comes to mind as well. A boogrized pixie... interesting...
It would keep the dodge trait still though, wouldn't it? That just seems wrong. A boogre with the agility of a pixie.... Hahahahaha!

Oh, and good luck for the game, Mr. Creosote. Keep us up to date with your travels.

Moiraine Sedai
Old 09-18-2003, 07:25 AM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry, my forays into hacking W&W were limited to items and stats so I don't know how to make a Boogre -

Can't you just play the game until you get Boogreized and then reset adventures? Or do you get reset to normal doing that? If reset does work, you could then use the editor to tweak the character back to starting status. If reset doesn't work, so much for that idea.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote