Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-08-2001, 05:48 AM   #1
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

A short while ago someone posted something about a no cd patch that can be instaled if you have a full instal, so you don't have to do all the discs-wapping all the time. I was wondering if anyone had a link to that patch and whether it works on TOB as well.
Old 11-08-2001, 04:33 PM   #2
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Hm, I don´t understand, what disc wapping you mean. If you did a full install, you just need disc 2, with ToB installed, BG2 only wants the ToB-disc. Or do you play other games beside BG ??
Old 11-08-2001, 04:53 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

You have to have a fully patched installation of the game.

The no CD patch can be found at www.gamecopyworld.com just make sure you get the right patch for your installed version.

People get upset about this sometimes because it could be used to "steal" the game. I only recommend it if you actually own the game, otherwise it is stealing.

I find it useful because I have several games loaded that I play with and it is a pain swapping discs.
Old 11-09-2001, 01:07 AM   #4
Bokken
Baaz Draconian

Thanks Ron_Bman. I guess you can see where I'm coming from. I've started BG1 TOTSC again and between that and BG2, the disc-swapping process (even to verify that you have the disc) can be a pain in the butt. I like to kick back and enjoy it without any interruptions seeing as that is possible with the patch.
Sure anyone could just instal it with someone else copy and use this patch for it but I think that it would be just easier to burn a copy seeing as most people today do own a burner.

Anyway I'm getting off track now though so all I'll say is thanks heaps for that link! It is really appreciated [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2001, 04:35 AM   #5
Hayashi
Silver Dragon

Fyi if you have the full install you need only insert either the #2 disc or the ToB disc depending on which part you are playing. The game will read the disc *once* when you start. You can then remove the CD and the game will not ask for it for the remainder of the session.
Thought you might like to know.