Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2001, 07:00 PM   #1
Dead_Meat
Welcomed New User

Just a quick question from a new BGII player. Was hacking my way through Korgan's book quest and while fighting something in the tombs both Korgan and Jaheira were level drained. Korgan I can care less about (gonna ditch him after the quest is completed) but Jaheira (even with all her whining) is one of my better magic users (healing at least). My question is this... How do I get her level back? Checked through my spells on hand and couldn't find anything to help.. Would appreciate any help.. Thanks
Old 08-14-2001, 07:03 PM   #2
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Lesser Restoration (level 4 priest spell) will do the trick. Also you can go to a temple and pay to have it done. Its a good idea to just keep at least 1 restoration memorized (or memorize one when ya know you will be fighting level drainers)
Old 08-14-2001, 07:42 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Also: any Restoration scrolls you pick up along the way, keep stashed in a scroll box! They come in very handy for such instances.

The spells "Negative Plane Protection" and "Protection from Evil" also greatly reduce the chance of level drain...but they're not foolproof. Do use them, though, when journeying around the "dead zones" in the game.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 08-14-2001).]
Old 08-14-2001, 08:21 PM   #4
trux

You should buy any and all Restoration scrolls you come across (if you have the money, of course.) That way you don't have to memorize one and you can memorize another useful spell in its place. Unfortunately, this won't be the only time you have to deal with level drains.

And like Sazerac said, spells like Negative Plane Protection will protect you temporarily from an undead's level drain, but only for a VERY brief time. There are also a few items scattered throughout the game which will protect you from level drain - but you'll just have to find those!

------------------
a bunch of long hairs.
trux
Old 08-14-2001, 08:43 PM   #5
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

Note that those restoration scrolls are NOT cheap! You can easily drain 10,000 gold pieces on those scrolls! HOWEVER, this cost can be avoided. When you kick out Korgan try adding Anomen or Viconia if you don't already have them. You do need this spell a lot though, so make sure you do stock up one way or another!

------------------

"Eh? No, I don't hold grudges. Why? There's nothing to hold a grudge against, I kill what pisses me off!"
Old 08-14-2001, 08:49 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I've been pretty lucky, then, that I've found about 5 restoration scrolls in my travels. I've got 3 of them stashed for emergencies, although I always keep Anomen and Aerie with one memorized, especially when walking around Athkatla at night (during those first few chapters!)

I hate vamps. I attack them on sight!

------------------
Old 08-14-2001, 10:48 PM   #7
Tananda
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:

I hate vamps. I attack them on sight!

That is why I just love to play as Undead Hunter, who is immune to level drain and does double damage vs. undeads

Tanda

Old 08-15-2001, 12:37 AM   #8
The X
Dungeon Master

The "amulet of power" makes U immune to level drain. As to where to get it...................emmmmmmmmmmm aaaaaaaaaaaa let me check my note book....
Old 08-15-2001, 07:14 PM   #9
Dead_Meat
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the info... I'll hunt a scroll down tonight...
Old 08-15-2001, 10:05 PM   #10
deathknight
Drow Warrior

scrolls are nice and all but you fight alot of drainers over the course of the game. I have never had a problem setting aside a slot for restoration.