Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2001, 05:40 PM   #1
iron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What's the best main character! a fighter,paladin,mage,thief,Etc or dual?
Which in game characters are best to pick?
What stronghold is the best?

what are the best=>in the entire game!
>Swords-
>Axes-
>Maces-
>Bows-
>Arrows-
>Staffs-
>all other weapons-
>Armor-
>shields-
>Helmets-
>magical rings-
>" " " cloaks-
>" " " boots-

DOESN"T MATTER IF THERE YOUR PERSONAL OPINIONS OR FACTS!

THANX,
Old 03-27-2001, 05:44 PM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

there iz no shuch ting callez besht yuo dumb idiotz now go home 'n play weez yuor sissi
Old 03-27-2001, 05:57 PM   #3
slackerboyfx
Dungeon Master

250! so cruel!

------------------
Old 03-27-2001, 05:58 PM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I am just kidding!

when me iz talking like thiz me iz jusht kidding yuo know wut me iz shaying huh huh huh huh ???
Old 03-27-2001, 05:58 PM   #5
Mishik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Although I do not like 250's way of presentation, I have to agree with his point - there is no "best" anything. There are classes, NPCs, items _you_ like and know how to use effectively. That is it. I personally like my fighters use two-handed swords. Not because they are the best weapons in the game, but because it corresponds with the image of a fighter created in _my_ mind. Someone else may say two-weapon style with Celestial Fury and something else, or Crom Fayer and Flail of Ages. Well, I won't argue with that. It is _your_ choice. The same goes to classes and NPCs - all have their pluses and minuses. Say, I cannot stand Jaheira, but it does not make her a bad NPC, she just does not suite _my_ needs. Or I like Minsc. Does it make him the best tank in the game? No. It is just _my_ personal preference.

Of course, everyone is welcome to disagree with my point of view and name their best "everything"

------------------
Mishik's Place
Old 03-27-2001, 06:05 PM   #6
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Mishik:
Although I do not like 250's way of presentation, I have to agree with his point - there is no "best" anything. There are classes, NPCs, items _you_ like and know how to use effectively. That is it. I personally like my fighters use two-handed swords. Not because they are the best weapons in the game, but because it corresponds with the image of a fighter created in _my_ mind. Someone else may say two-weapon style with Celestial Fury and something else, or Crom Fayer and Flail of Ages. Well, I won't argue with that. It is _your_ choice. The same goes to classes and NPCs - all have their pluses and minuses. Say, I cannot stand Jaheira, but it does not make her a bad NPC, she just does not suite _my_ needs. Or I like Minsc. Does it make him the best tank in the game? No. It is just _my_ personal preference.

Of course, everyone is welcome to disagree with my point of view and name their best "everything"

wow wow wow, there there there, are you the person posted an article about "Nameless One VS Child of Bhaal" ?? let me know

Old 03-27-2001, 06:10 PM   #7
iron
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Mishik I know exactly what you mean. but I was just wondering what everyone's favorite things are?
Old 03-27-2001, 06:23 PM   #8
Lord Shield

Yeah, I had fun posting on that Planescape/BG2 cross-thread. How about we do BG2 vs Fallout? "Oh, my god" says Aerie, "that poor psychotic mutant thing"

Old 03-27-2001, 06:28 PM   #9
Mishik
Elite Waterdeep Guard

@250 Nameless One vs Child of Bhaal??? Sorry, it is the first time I hear about it.

@iron. Well, favorite and best are two different words, if my poor English serves me well. Everyone is allowed to have favorites, while discussions of "best" things can become very heated

As for favorites:

NPC: most probably Minsc
Class: currently Wizard Slayer. It may change anytime, though The rest is applied to this particular character.

Weapon: Vorpal Sword. Close second Sword of Chaos (saved my poor WS a lot of times in the beginning)
Bow: Elven Court Bow. I know there are better ones, but I like this one. Just because
Armor: Balduran's, if it were not so bloody expensive.
Helm: Balduran's and Vhailor's
Boots of speed.
Cloak of mirroring is cool, and so is C. of Sewers. //not for WS

------------------
Mishik's Place

[This message has been edited by Mishik (edited 03-27-2001).]
Old 03-27-2001, 06:31 PM   #10
Hesperex

Ay Yo, you don't be messin wiff me m8, no wot i is sayin, 250s way of prsenting fings be frickin unik man, no wot im sayin??? so dont be messin wif me omies of i'll be kikin yur maingy ass, geddit????

(no offense)

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com