Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2003, 07:20 PM   #1
First Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Arrow

I have a problem thats driving me nuts! My rogue seems to have forgotten how to pick locks and find things, like traps and hidden doors. Im in the dragons eye and there are at least 5 locked things and one hidden door(this I NEED to open its part of the game) but all I get is Lock pick failed and no door in sight! I even thought of finding the spell knock for my mage, but can't find the cheat code(yes, I have fallen that low) to get myself a scroll of the spell to give to my mage.
Has anyone ever heard of this or can I get some kind advice?
Please.........
First Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 08:08 PM   #2
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Welcome to the forums. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Aside from a bug / corrupted character, the only things that come to mind are (1) it's a REALLY tough lock to pick and your lockpick score is too low, or (2) you are wearing armor that is too heavy and you are taking a hit on your skills from that.

Which section of dragon's eye????

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 08:58 AM   #3
First Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello there!

Its the first level, three chests in the 'tresure area', one chest by the 'bowling alley', and a table in the 2nd level lab....
I'm going to try and strip her naked and see what that does....
She has a lock pick of 12 (8).
Funny, now that I think of it, she hasn't been able to hide in shadows in a while too.
Oh well,
thanks
First Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 11:56 AM   #4
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Well, I know for certain that those three chests you mentioned are extremely difficult to pick. In one of my games my own Rogue, with a Pick Locks score easily into the 20s, needed several tries on each of them. So 12 is presumably way too low. The other chest and the table are probably the same, but the door might possibly require a key of some sort or a lever somewhere to be pulled. I don't know which exact door you mean of course, but it's a possibility.

Oh, and the item-code for a Scroll of Knock is SPWI207Z.

[ 07-22-2003, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: J'aran ]
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:30 PM   #5
spydar

what about potions of thievery and other such means of boosting dexterity and thief abilities?
Old 07-29-2003, 06:21 AM   #6
Dirt Monkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had the same problem and i think it was because my intelligence was to low for finding traps at least. Not being able to pick locks is a mystery.
Dirt Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote