Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2001, 10:24 PM   #11
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Ramon, I think it was watching on TV many family members of victims holding out pictures of lost loved ones in front of cameras, and begging anyone to help them find out where they are. A lot of these people don't want to think their loved one is dead. Maybe he/she is in a hospital somewhere, and hasn't been identified yet, etc. Unfortunately, the outlook is bleak, and those loved ones have already passed on. But their family still hangs on to hope, cause the alternative is too much for them to emotionally deal with. God I feel so bad for these people. I wish I could help them. I cannot. That sucks.

I'm crying for strangers lost tonight it seems.

Thank you Ramon for understanding, I know that it is different for you in Germany, hard to see the reality of it when you are so far away.

Here in the U.S., at least in VA, we have constant news coverage still going on at every single channel, so you find yourself seeing more than you wanted to. I still see this long haired young blond girl crying for her brother to be found, and a mother holding up a picture of her son (20) who she hasn't heard from since Tuesday morning before he went to work, etc. etc.. God, this is horrible.

Those are indeed truly heartbreaking scenes you are describing here: and all of us here who have been privileged enough to get to know you a little closer, know that you are a very caring and empathetic person, so it is very understandable that all of these extreme tragedies, these utterly desperate people are getting to you in this way. I understand especially well what you are saying about the feeling of helplessness as a result of your urge to help these people, but being, of course, completely unable to. I think if I was in your position it wouldn't be much different for me, either. On other occassions I have also shed quite a few tears in front of the TV over the fate of complete strangers.

For obvious reasons, the media coverage on this here in Germany while still being very extensive is probably somewhat less emotional and more analytical than in the States - and I am thankful for that.

*More hugs*

------------------
So long !

R³ - proud to be the official spokesman for the most noble Lady Bilqis, Desert Rose of Ironworks

Btw, the cow is queuing in the slaughterhouse right now !
Old 09-14-2001, 10:32 PM   #12
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
Ramon, I think it was watching on TV many family members of victims holding out pictures of lost loved ones in front of cameras, and begging anyone to help them find out where they are. A lot of these people don't want to think their loved one is dead. Maybe he/she is in a hospital somewhere, and hasn't been identified yet, etc. Unfortunately, the outlook is bleak, and those loved ones have already passed on. But their family still hangs on to hope, cause the alternative is too much for them to emotionally deal with. God I feel so bad for these people. I wish I could help them. I cannot. That sucks.

I'm crying for strangers lost tonight it seems.

Thank you Ramon for understanding, I know that it is different for you in Germany, hard to see the reality of it when you are so far away.

Here in the U.S., at least in VA, we have constant news coverage still going on at every single channel, so you find yourself seeing more than you wanted to. I still see this long haired young blond girl crying for her brother to be found, and a mother holding up a picture of her son (20) who she hasn't heard from since Tuesday morning before he went to work, etc. etc.. God, this is horrible.

The picture that did me in was the picture of the man that was on one the plane that crashed in Penn. He was holding his newborn in the pic.

------------------

Protectorate of the OHF
Death Waits 4 U ALL
Old 09-14-2001, 10:50 PM   #13
Lioness
Jack Burton

I lit one at ten. So sad.

------------------

Sword Saint of the HADB Clan
Waitress and resident storyteller at Cloudy's Cafe
Lil' Angel
Old 09-14-2001, 10:58 PM   #14
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lioness:
I lit one at ten. So sad.

Good for you Lioness Nice to know you lit a candle tonight with the rest of us. It doesn't change anything, but at least we can all show how much we care...

------------------
Old 09-14-2001, 11:06 PM   #15
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

hi ladyzekke, it reaches deep inside us all. i lost it when i saw a story of a mother & her daughters searching for their father/husband, the kids were being so strong until they finally found him. as their emotions took over i found mine doing the same. it's amazing how little difference distance and another country makes in times like this.

------------------

Gonna run through the jungle!
Old 09-15-2001, 09:13 PM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I had candles out near the flag poster on the lawn until the wee hours of the morning. The thought helped but the horror and sadness persist.

CB

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-15-2001, 09:19 PM   #17
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

my candles have been lit since it happened...

------------------

bad homepage

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 09-15-2001).]
Old 09-15-2001, 09:19 PM   #18
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

You are definitely not alone, LadyZ. I've been off-and-on crying for days. Lost it for a minute in the cafe today, too. {{{big hugs wishing they were real ones}}}. Love ya, hon. We'll get through this.

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

*Newly abducted - er, inducted - member of the HADB clan. Mage extraordinair. {and occasional subjugate to Gwhanos the Fluffy .}*
Old 09-15-2001, 09:23 PM   #19
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
I had candles out near the flag poster on the lawn until the wee hours of the morning. The thought helped but the horror and sadness persist.

CB

Yes sis, same here, I had three candles going, only one lasted throughout the night, was windy. Doesn't do anything to physically help anyone, but at least it shows that we care, and made an effort to display just that in our own way, at our own house. United We Stand, Divided We Fall. Right now, we are Standing Tall and Proud, and United in Humanity. I feel we are all mentally, spiritually, holding hands at this time, and we will endure, good will prevail.

------------------