Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-18-2001, 12:02 AM   #1
Nitokris
Welcomed New User

yeah well im in the copper place and i tried goin downstairs to go to the place to free the rest of the slaves but when i go down their the goblins totally kick my ass ive been tryin to think of ways to beat um but my dumb but chose a girl whos a priest of laventher or whatever it is urgh im to tired to think of the exact word but they keep doin that one spell that basically freezes you and ya cant do anything but sit their and wait till ya die or it wears off so i need some major help here i dont wana keep dying and dont got enough money to buy a good weapon..should i skip the slave thing and go do the temple quest first? cause i accidently didnt go to the copper cornet place when i went lookin around the slums but i went to the bridge and heard about the murders but didnt receive all the info yet then went to the temple and got to the part where i learned about the fallen paladines and the sewers then i found out i should of went to the copper place so i went their and freed the one guy and he killed that weird guy that hmm'ed alot and i dunno what to do should i go to some of the other quests first to get myself strong enough for the goblins? i mean i could beat that one huge ugly thing with no sweat but its the goblins i have a problem with..oh yeah what do i do with the teddy bear? my bro said that the guy who had it gave it to him and told him about how he killed some lil boy but he didnt do that with me so i sorta got annoyed and killed him and got it after i killed him..yeah i know im bad but i didnt know how else to get it..i didnt let korgan join cause he was being a dickhead and i chose to meet nalia and i let anomen join..oh yeah what do you do with the cloth that i got from that wolf i killed in the arena? should i go to the graveyard and look for the tomb myself? im totally mind boggled oh well ill figure it out somehow i guess :\
Old 09-18-2001, 12:11 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

If you're just starting out, definitely hold off on the Temple Stronghold quest thing. It's VERY difficult...wait until you're level 10-12.

OK, area affect spells work well on those hobgoblins, especially cloudkill and fireball. If you picked Nalia up in the CC, use her for that, as I think she comes equipped with Cloudkill. Also, have your priestess and/or Anomen cast a "Hold monsters" spell at them, or a Holy Smite (can't beat that spell). Your strategy will depend greatly on the rest of your NPC makeup.

The CC sewers and the Slaver Ship are the easier quests earlier on in the game...definitely do them first.

Nothing to do with the wolfskin but sell it...good $$$.

I think you have to go to the Graveyard to get the quest from the dead little boy first before Lynis admits to murdering him, but he's a child killer, so good riddance anyway. It shouldn't effect the quest. Once you meet Wellyn in the Graveyard, give him his bear and he'll go to rest in peace. Go back in the daytime and talk to his parents to end the quest.

Hope this helps!

------------------
Old 09-18-2001, 03:38 AM   #3
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

have your mage/cleric/druid summon some fodder to soak up some of those spells.

cast silence 15' radius at them; no speak=no spell.

send in your warriors staggered so that only one gets frozen per spell.

(does minsc or korgan's rage make them immune to hold?)

lead with the character that has the best saves vs spells.

i doubt you have keldorn but his armor gives him free action (no, not with the serving wenches; immunity to hold/entangle/web/etc).

archer the hell out of the hob captain the first round; their priests will cast healing spells the next round rather than attacking you.

---

dont do the unseeing eye quest but talk to the other priest of helm there and he'll give you a quest that gains you XP and a nice helm, followed up by another fairly easy quest for the lathander priests. try those two and then go back to the slavers. there are 2 fights in the slavers compound that will kick your ass if youre having trouble with the hobs. be prepared to spend some $ on restoration spells for that first one though.

dont bother with the bridge murders yet. those rune assassins always seem disproportionately tough.

at the north in the graveyard district you can get a quest to track down some kidnappers. very easy, decent XP, and some great boots.