Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 01-03-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Has anyone seen or heard of it? From what I gather, it's been in select theatres for a few days, but it's slated for a nationwide release in a few weeks. To be honest, there isn't much I know about the movie, just what little I saw from the trailer. It looks to be interesting though.

Here's the official site, its IMDb page, and its wiki page.

edit: Ah well, that's the link anyways. I don't know why the URL tag isn't working.

[ 01-03-2007, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Nanobyte ]
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 03:17 AM   #2
PurpleXVI
Emerald Dragon

From what I've heard from the people who've seen it, it's an excellent one, and everyone I've talked with about it who hasn't seen it seems excited to. Give us a quick review or some such when you see it.

As for your URL link, I think maybe you need to remove the space between the = and the actual URL?
PurpleXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 06:46 AM   #3
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Looks pretty cool. It has an "R" rated though. Is it scary?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:23 AM   #4
Target
Red Dragon

I want to see it, but there is no where near me showing it
If someone has seen it can they post a review?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 09:34 AM   #5
Nanobyte

Quote:
Originally posted by PurpleXVI:
As for your URL link, I think maybe you need to remove the space between the = and the actual URL?
Tried that. I think I've had trouble linking to particular wiki pages on these forums before, so it may just be that.

Quote:
Originally posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood:
Looks pretty cool. It has an "R" rated though. Is it scary?
I don't think so. I've heard there are a few graphic moments that may have landed it that rating.

Quote:
Originally posted by Target:
I want to see it, but there is no where near me showing it
If someone has seen it can they post a review?
Like I've said, there should be a wider release in a few weeks. Hopefully, that doesn't mean select theatres.
Old 01-10-2007, 05:04 PM   #6
dhalgren
Elite Waterdeep Guard

There was some violent/disturbing imagery which probably resulted in the R rating. Interesting movie although the trailer misleadingly portrays the movie as overly fantastic when in reality the content of the trailer is nearly the sum of the fantasy sequences involved.
Old 01-11-2007, 12:03 PM   #7
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#009999">I have heard of it from a little card with a small description on it. Actually looks very interesting.</font>

[ 01-11-2007, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:10 AM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>Its listed now as Wide Release, but I still cannot find it anywhere near me. (insert vulgar explicitive). It is #7 on the charts of recent top box office sellers, and both critics and the average viewer give it an "A" and "Must Go" rating. Yet I cannot find it anywhere!!??!! (More vulgarity shown here)</font>
Old 01-26-2007, 06:53 AM   #9
Target
Red Dragon

Has anyone seen it yet?

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 06:15 PM   #10
Nanobyte

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
<font color=skyblue>Its listed now as Wide Release, but I still cannot find it anywhere near me. (insert vulgar explicitive). It is #7 on the charts of recent top box office sellers, and both critics and the average viewer give it an "A" and "Must Go" rating. Yet I cannot find it anywhere!!??!! (More vulgarity shown here)</font>
Wide, in this sense, must mean outside NY and CA. There are only two places near where I live that are showing it, with the closest being a 30 to 45 minute drive from where my dad lives. I'm not sure what all plays into that, but it seems pretty typical with the release of a foreign film.