Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2001, 01:11 PM   #1
Wizard of the Dribble
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i am relatively new to this sort game, but have been playing my little brothers bgII recently and was wondering about a few things.

firstly i see a thing in this message board about a kensai/mage? is this a dual class character and if so how do u do this cos i see no option to dual class (i am a 13th level kensai). also, where can i find a half decent magic katana?

also, is there any way to remove spells from the spellbooks cos i unwittingly filled mine with poor spells not realising that this was a permanent thing.

do characters basic attributes change ever, ie intelligence etc?

also, have done a load of stuff for aran linvail (i sense i am nearing the end of chapter 3) and he has sorted out the boat or whatever to take me to spellhold and get imoen back and kill irenicus. with my characters being roughly 12th/13th level do people reckon i can have im?

merci
Old 08-13-2001, 01:28 PM   #2
Darkon Blackblood
The Magister

if u are a human u can dual class ur kensai but i wouldn't sugesst it
cause ur level 13 and ur mag would be hard to raise andwould not max out

For the best katana you should go to the gaured compound in the temple
district. you can pick celestiul fury up off a guy's body there but be
careful i'd say it's one of the 3 toughest fights in the game tied with
twisted rune and the final fight

no u can't remove spells from ur book

some items when equippedincrease attributes and some potions do too but
only as long as they r equipped or as long as the potion lasts

for the last question i need to know who is in ur party
Old 08-13-2001, 01:29 PM   #3
fckoln
Dungeon Master

Before anyone responds to this person, see what was written in the "Arie is the best" thread that Avatar started.

Profanity does not play here. Nor does belittling anyone elses ideas, or threads.
Old 08-13-2001, 01:33 PM   #4
Wizard of the Dribble
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thanks for the reply,
i am a half elf, does this mean i can't dual class, eh?
i have me, minsc l12, korgan l12, jaheira, 9/12 fighter druid, yoshimo 11/11 fighter bounty hounter and nalia l12 l4 mage thief, although she has a slightly disappointing array of spells (although that isnt too much of a problem cos i have saved most of the better spells i have come across since for "special occasions".

Old 08-13-2001, 01:43 PM   #5
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Wizard of the Dribble:
thanks for the reply,
i am a half elf, does this mean i can't dual class, eh?
i have me, minsc l12, korgan l12, jaheira, 9/12 fighter druid, yoshimo 11/11 fighter bounty hounter and nalia l12 l4 mage thief, although she has a slightly disappointing array of spells (although that isnt too much of a problem cos i have saved most of the better spells i have come across since for "special occasions".

Only human's can dual, and they need at least 17 in the prime stat they wish to dual to (ie, if a fighter wanted to dual to a mage he would need to be human and have at least 17 INTELLIGENCE)

Mages aren't too impressive till the start hitting the higher levels of spells, 6,7 and 8 . Just bide your time and she'll be kicking ass in the near future

------------------
Old 08-13-2001, 01:50 PM   #6
Darkon Blackblood
The Magister

before u go u might wanna kick out korgan and go find Anomen (Copper
Coronet) Valygar (Umar Hills) Mazzy (Shade Dungeon) or Keldorn (Temple
Sewers) Korgan being evil will start disagreeing with ur good party and
might leave and spoiler
Yoshimo will betray you to go to irenicus and you'll never get him back
so u might want to replace him or you'll be sorry and completely unequip
him or he'll us all his new fancy gadgets against you
Old 08-13-2001, 03:14 PM   #7
Nolek Psyphon
Dungeon Master

To get round the problem of filling up your spell book you should try drinking a potion to increase your intelligence temporarily, this allows you to have a higher total number of spells in your book so you can then read more scrolls and learn more spells. It is worth saving up new scrolls so you can learn loads at once, also giving you a good exp. boost. There are two potions that can boost your intelligence, a potion of genius and a potion of mind focusing.
Old 08-13-2001, 03:58 PM   #8
Starkiller
The Magister

If you install ToB, you can remove spells from your spell book

------------------
"Not everything ends the way you think it should"
Old 08-13-2001, 04:07 PM   #9
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I never understood why the manuals never told you much about dual classing. Kensai mages are cool, but you need at least a 17 in intelligence to dual class to a mage. If you want you can use Shadow Keeper to change your race, but don't do this if you haven't beaten the game yet. I'm using a Kensai-Mage in TOB. They rule!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 08-13-2001, 06:38 PM   #10
deathknight
Drow Warrior

Yeah kensai mage is nice although I see myself using my kensai/mage as mostly mage these days even though he is very deadly in melee (but then again my party is very heavy melee/summoned creature oriented so he stands out more using spells).
If you are looking for a good katana then you definatly need celestial fury. Its without a doubt the best katana and is possibly the best weapon in the game. The fight is indeed hard but there are many that are harder I think. the real issue is how early you chose to do it. This fight has some tricks to it though that can make it very simple.